making gifs transparent?

Post by Marshall Carro » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi. Are there any other programs aside from Transparency that make gifs
transparent?  Thanks for any info. The more details the better. Cheers,
M. Carroll

--
   Marshall CARROLL,  Science Teacher, Vincent Massey Collegiate
   975 Dowker Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA, R3T 1R7

1. Making Transparent Gifs From PSHOP

I have been unsuccessful in converting my files created in Photshop 3.01,
to transparent Gifs. I make drop shadow "type" graphics and then need to
make them transparent. When converting the file to transparent using
GraphicConverter, the image gets ruined in a sort of "meltdown look". What
am I doing wrong? I am missing some step in this process and it is quite
frustrating.

scott james.

--
The Wind blows, The Tree bends.

2. Dithering used?

3. Procedure for making transparent GIFS on a complex background (without little white dots around the edges)

4. Omni light??!?!?!!?!

5. making animated gifs transparent?

6. SET MULTIPLOT

7. making transparent gifs

8. Forcing a refresh in GLUT?

9. How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?

10. Converting transparent gifs to regular gifs?

11. transparent gifs..not totally transparent

12. Getting transparent gifs to stay transparent in other apps