font selection in PSP6

Post by mad ferre » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

having just upgraded from psp5 to 6 - i can't seem to find out how to use
different fonts as it only displays truetype fonts and i need to use MS sans
serif which is not a truetype font

apologies if this has been covered before
regards

www.madferret.org.uk

font selection in PSP6

Post by Joe Cilinceo » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

Do to the vector capabilities in PSP 6.x TTF fonts is all it can use.

--

Joe Cilinceon
http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

Quote:> having just upgraded from psp5 to 6 - i can't seem to find out how to use
> different fonts as it only displays truetype fonts and i need to use MS
sans
> serif which is not a truetype font

> apologies if this has been covered before
> regards

> www.madferret.org.uk

font selection in PSP6

Post by mad ferre » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

thanks - my favourite graphics app is now useless to me :-(

> Do to the vector capabilities in PSP 6.x TTF fonts is all it can use.

> --

> Joe Cilinceon
> http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

> > having just upgraded from psp5 to 6 - i can't seem to find out how to
use
> > different fonts as it only displays truetype fonts and i need to use MS
> sans
> > serif which is not a truetype font

> > apologies if this has been covered before
> > regards

> > www.madferret.org.uk

1. PSP6 on W2k slows extremly down even with a small selection

Hi

I used PSP6 on my old P233 64MB for a long time without any problems.
(...well of course with poor performance, but I lived with it...)

Now on my brand new AMD700 with 256MB and a GeForce2 32MB it runs like
hell. But even with a small (i.e. 400x400 Pixel) selection in a
600x600 image it slows extremely down.
And believe me I mean EXTREMELY !

Task Manager tells me CPU usage at about 30%, well that`s not much,
but the cursor moves choppy like in a slideshow and navigation in the
menus is really difficult.
As soon as I switch to another image or application everything is back
to normal.
Doesn`t make sense to me because the overall performance is perfect.

As I mentioned in the subject, this only happens in Win2000 !?

anyone got a clue ?

Bernd

2. HSR with inv. transf.

3. PSP6: Moving a saved selection

4. Spline/Bezier in 3d space?

5. PSP6: Creating a certain shape with selection tool

6. Where do I start???

7. PSP6 Crop to selection problems

8. Question: Quality of Mustek Scanner

9. Selections in PSP6

10. PSP6: JASC query - Vector selection

11. PSP6 and fonts question?

12. Can I have font with different edge colour (PSP6)