SGI OpenGL Performer for Win problem

Post by sean » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:24:05

Recently I installed SGI OpenGL Performer 3.0 for Windows on Widnows
XP SP1 machine.

It works ok, but I can't get frame rate STATS. Here's the screen shot,
http://www.evl.uic.edu/xevious/z/.
You see ??? at top left corner and Frames = 0 at bottom let corner.
I use Linux version of Performer and there's no problem like that.
Also Performer works on Windows 2000 and it displays all STATS info
without problems.

How can I display the STATS on Windows XP system?

Thank you in advance.

Post by Dan Johnsto » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:17:47

> Recently I installed SGI OpenGL Performer 3.0 for Windows on Widnows
> XP SP1 machine.

> It works ok, but I can't get frame rate STATS. Here's the screen shot,
> http://www.evl.uic.edu/xevious/z/.
> You see ??? at top left corner and Frames = 0 at bottom let corner.
> I use Linux version of Performer and there's no problem like that.
> Also Performer works on Windows 2000 and it displays all STATS info
> without problems.

> How can I display the STATS on Windows XP system?

> Thank you in advance.

I suggest you ask theOpenGL Performer discussuion group.
Send e-mail to info-performer.sgi.com (see the SGI web
site about how to join the group).  All the experts on performer
and the developrs are there.

I've tried Performer on IRIX, Linux and MS-Windows.  I use
Win-2000 at work and XP at home.  So far, no problems. And
I develop with Performer - look on the anonymous FTP site
mars.imti.nrc.ca, directory /public/downloads for documentation
and a binary copy of pfAPC - a library for faster, easier
development with SGI's Performer.

When you ask your questions to the Performer group, be sure
that you give details on your test system.  Graphics card,
version of XP (home vs office), memory, which program
were you using for testing, etc.

Good luck!

--
      ___|__    |
      /  |  \   ||\      Daniel (Dan) Johnston

    _____|____  ||  \    National Research Council of Canada, London, ON
    |    |    | ||   \   Integrated Manufacturing Technologies Institute
\___|    |    | ||____\  Tel: (519) 430-7081   Fax: (519) 430-7090
 \_o_\___|____|_|______\_    Inst: http://www.nrc.ca/imti
  \                o /    These opinions are my own! Not those of NRC.
   \________________/    Virtual Reality:
                        http://www.nrc.ca/imti/vetc/home.html
 More Tall Ships - Fewer Computers!

1. SGI OpenGL Performer for Win problem

Recently I installed SGI OpenGL Performer 3.0 for Windows on Widnows
XP SP1 machine.

It works ok, but I can't get frame rate STATS. Here's the screen shot,
http://www.evl.uic.edu/xevious/z/.
You see ??? at top left corner and Frames = 0 at bottom let corner.
I use Linux version of Performer and there's no problem like that.
Also Performer works on Windows 2000 and it displays all STATS info
without problems.

How can I display the STATS on Windows XP system?

Thank you in advance.

2. REQ:Huge problem!!! My PS won't reinstall

3. STNG RIBs

4. Porting-Problem WIN-NT-OpenGL to SGI-IRIX-OpenGL

5. Two pesky "bugs???" - Anyone else?

6. SGI OpenGL Performer 3.0 for Windows

7. SGI OpenGL, VC++ 5.0, and Win-95

8. VTK and Win NT/98 OpenGL problems

9. searching for SGI-Performer literature

10. SpaceBall with SGI Performer