EPS to Graphics Format Converter

Post by Charlie Thi » Sun, 11 Sep 1994 07:21:51

I'm looking for a converter that will take a postcript file as an input,
and convert it to any kind of graphics format (like TIFF for PCX).  This
can't be that difficult, as every laserprinter (or other printer for that
matter) performs this conversion.

Thanks in advance.

--
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Charlie Thiel

EPS to Graphics Format Converter

Post by Michel Ande » Tue, 13 Sep 1994 20:19:05

Quote:>I'm looking for a converter that will take a postcript file as an input,
>and convert it to any kind of graphics format (like TIFF for PCX).  This
>can't be that difficult, as every laserprinter (or other printer for that
>matter) performs this conversion.

ghostscript has drivers for most bitmapped formats.

'gs -h' will output a list on devices installed on your site.

Michel.

1. Latex says ( unknown graphics format jpg,eps, etc).

hi,

I am trying to paste a part of a fig file in a latex document. First I
tried exporting it as reccomended to a ps/latex file ( both the ps and
latex parts) and include it in the latex file. it worked, but the problem
was that, even a small fig file wanted an entire a4 page. then I tried
exporting it to eps and using the graphics package in latex and the
command " \includegraphics*[x1,y1][x2,y2]{file.eps} " as given in Leslie
Lamports " Latex: A document prep.. blah... blah" to cut a part of the eps
file, but latex says, eps not recognized. same for jpeg.

     None of the web links I have searched tell me how to resolve this
problem. Everybody assumes that graphics accepts jpg.

    I need to get this right soon for a report. Any help will be very
much appreciated. Please mail me, as I don't check the news groups too often.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time. Hope my lengthy posting which was
only meant to clarify, didn't pain you too much.

sincerely

-Vamsi

2. DX 8 Sample code available

3. FREEHAND - Importing EPS format graphics

4. LWv6 and shave &Haircut

5. Which Format for PS Graphics - EPS or TIF?

6. POV: Image maps onto individual triangles of a mesh

7. Exporting EPS Format Graphics

8. graphic format converter

9. freeware graphics formats converter ???

10. Graphic format converter

11. graphic format converter needed?

12. Inspiration Graphics converter to any PC format