How do I create a Cursor?

Post by Robert Smit » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I've been fiddling with win 98 and found if you make a bmp file 32x32, then
rename it with an ico extension, it becomes an icon.  But renaming it with
cur does not make a cursor.  Is there a way without a program to make
cursors?

--
-
Robert

How do I create a Cursor?

Post by Gerhard Hube » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I've been fiddling with win 98 and found if you make a bmp file 32x32,
then
> rename it with an ico extension, it becomes an icon.  But renaming it
with
> cur does not make a cursor.  Is there a way without a program to make
> cursors?

You can neither create an icon nor a cursor without a program. Windows
will accept bmp files for icons but nothing else then cursors can be
cursors. You can create both file types with PhotoLine 32.

--
Gerhard Huber

PhotoLine 32 Shareware imaging software Windows and MacOS
http://www.pl32.com

How do I create a Cursor?

Post by ex.. » Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You need to use Iconforge - http://www.veryComputer.com/ to download - or
one of the other editors which handles cursors and animated cursors.
Actually, renaming a .bmp to .ico does not make the file a true ico
format icon, either (it is just that some versions of Explorer
recognize the bmp format as well as ico's -- however other programs and
Windows versions will *on a renamed bmp file).

Quote:> I've been fiddling with win 98 and found if you make a bmp file
32x32, then
> rename it with an ico extension, it becomes an icon.  But renaming it
with
> cur does not make a cursor.  Is there a way without a program to make
> cursors?

Before you buy.