PSP6: JASC query - Vector selection

Post by Simon Walde » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm a little confused as to the best way to do an old PSP5 sequence.

In PSP5 you would enter text, then apply your various text effects
immediately while the text was still selected.

Now, if the text is loaded as a vector, what is the correct sequence to
end up with the text as raster and selected?

--
Simon Q. Walden

http://www.c2000.com/psp  Digital Imaging Tips and Tricks
http://www.c2000.com/arts Arts Digitalis Gallery

Post by Matt » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>I'm a little confused as to the best way to do an old PSP5 sequence.

>In PSP5 you would enter text, then apply your various text effects
>immediately while the text was still selected.

>Now, if the text is loaded as a vector, what is the correct sequence to
>end up with the text as raster and selected?

With the Vector Text layer active, go to Layers | Convert to Raster
The text is now in raster format, now use the Selection Tool to select the
text, then click once on the text to get a selection that "hugs" the text.

Or if you don't need it in vector format, just select the Floating option in
the Text tool dialog box, that way you get a select raster text.

--
Matt
PSP Terrorist, D'Lanok deCaresk Chapter.

"My mouse suffers from depression, I think it's cause it's always being
pushed around."

1. JASC re: S3 video problems in PSP6

On Tue, 01 Feb 2000 01:03:03 GMT, Chuck Anderson

Well, don't mention names to us, but you might want Jasc to know.  I'd
hate their tech support to slide to the level of other "shall remain
nameless" software companies.

I've since changed cards, but remember the problem all too well.  I
don't believe Jasc ever mentioned a fix.

I had the problem, and fixed it with an _older_ driver.  Specifically, I
dumped my newer S3 driver and replaced it with the standard version off
the Win 98 CD.

Will compute for food?  Seriously, PSP wasn't the only program that
showed this problem for me, and I had reverted to the old driver prior
to beta testing PSP - but when I saw the problems reported, I loaded the
latest drivers for the S3 and the problems returned.  Replaced them
again with the version from Win98 and they cleared up... best I can say
is that it worked for me, and it's a relatively easy thing to try. (You
may have to boot to DOS to remove all the old drivers, but it's not too
onerous).

Good luck!

Jackie

--
< o \"/  Don't play cat and mouse with me!                            (

********************************************************************/\o/\

2. Amiga anim7 wanted

3. PSP6 and jasc's Videotrope 1.0

4. problems of OpenGL for Windows NT ?

5. Jasc: suggestion for psp6 :-)

6. Renderer wanted

7. PSP6 Newsgroup - Attn: Jasc

8. PCX file manipulation

9. Query re PSP6

10. JASC MediaCtr Problem on Mulltiple File Selection

11. Jasc:Copying selection

12. PSP6 on W2k slows extremly down even with a small selection

13. PSP6: Moving a saved selection