O2 + U2 : importing dv pal footage

Post by Frank Borghstij » Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:29:07

I have an O2+U2 videobracket....anyone knows how to get my DVPAL footage
into the machine (through firewire??)? I guess using the network?
Thanks
Frank

Post by Assam Syr » Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:57:44

> I have an O2+U2 videobracket....anyone knows how to get my DVPAL footage
> into the machine (through firewire??)? I guess using the network?
> Thanks
> Frank

U2 cannot capture DV directly, and the SGI won't understand the
DV-data. You need to run it via the analog connectors (losing quality
and defeating the purpose of recording on DV in the first place) or
use the expensive, rare and shitty DVLink card for that. Capture it on
your Mac. I would edit it there as well, if I were you...

Post by Rainer Canava » Sun, 24 Aug 2003 03:05:53

> I have an O2+U2 videobracket....anyone knows how to get my DVPAL footage
> into the machine (through firewire??)? I guess using the network?
> Thanks
> Frank

buy an DV<>SDI converter, e.g. the Miranda DV bridge. I've seen them
on ebay in the past, dont' know for how much they go, however.
http://www.google.com/search?q=dv%20sdi

Rainer M. Canavan

Post by Assam Syr » Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:38:22

> > I have an O2+U2 videobracket....anyone knows how to get my DVPAL footage
> > into the machine (through firewire??)? I guess using the network?
> > Thanks
> > Frank

> buy an DV<>SDI converter, e.g. the Miranda DV bridge. I've seen them
> on ebay in the past, dont' know for how much they go, however.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=dv%20sdi

> Rainer M. Canavan

Silly money. Yo can buy a used PC/Mac with built-in firewire for that amount.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=dv+sdi+price

O2 + U2 : importing dv pal footage

Post by Rainer Canava » Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:55:47

[...]
>> buy an DV<>SDI converter, e.g. the Miranda DV bridge. I've seen them
>> on ebay in the past, dont' know for how much they go, however.
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=dv%20sdi

>> Rainer M. Canavan
> Silly money. Yo can buy a used PC/Mac with built-in firewire for that amount.
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=dv+sdi+price

Indeed. At that price, you wouldn't even have to settle with used PCs/Macs
and still get two of them.
http://www.google.com/search?q=dv+sdi+price+miranda

or get the "cheap" stuff (DC->SDI only) for only US$900
http://www.fastware.net/

rainer

1. VIVO or U2-for-O2 - and controllers???

Discreet Logic's Flint for the O2 supports 601 I/O on an O2
equipped with the video option and either VIVO or the U2.
To do machine control, you need an RS-232 to RS-422
converter, since the O2 only speaks RS-232. If all you
need is video I/O, then Flint is probably a bit much
for your needs, but if you also want to do compositing,
keying, color correction etc..., you may want to check it
out:

http://www.discreet.com

JF

my name if j.f. PANISSET and i work AT a DISCREET COMpany

2. I need re-sampling algorithm

3. Anyone seen DV footage upconverted to HDTV?

4. Transparent PicBoxes and More...

5. dv pal and similar

6. HELP REQUEST: Shopping for a high-end 3D display adapter...

7. Interlace settings for DV PAL compositing

8. DV-Capturing not possible with 720*576 (PAL)

9. PAL-Video with O2 (R10000, 250MHz)

10. *NEW* SGI DV Link Card for O2 Workstation!

11. PAL <-> NTSC on O2

12. conversion from NTSC to PAL with O2