Integrating PCL or POSTSCRIPT with text

Post by RTS Sistemi Informativ » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I've an image (in postscript or PCL language) and I've to print together
with text.
The printer is HP Laser 4000 or 5000 whit both postscript and PCL drivers,
so the problem is just to integrate.
At least I can simply put the image under the text, but it's important they
are in the same page!
How can I do, automatically, working in background?
Thanks, Fabio Faggi.

Integrating PCL or POSTSCRIPT with text

Post by Peter Dav » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I've an image (in postscript or PCL language) and I've to print together
> with text.
> The printer is HP Laser 4000 or 5000 whit both postscript and PCL drivers,
> so the problem is just to integrate.
> At least I can simply put the image under the text, but it's important they
> are in the same page!
> How can I do, automatically, working in background?
> Thanks, Fabio Faggi.

If the image is in Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) format, than you can
use a word processor such as MS-Word to place the EPS on a page, and
then put text over it.  Otherwise, you could use a program which is
able to edit PostScript files, such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw,
or Tailor.  As a last option, you could edit the PostScript by hand
and place the text you want, but you have to know PostScript to be
able to do this.

-pd

--
                                Peter Davis
                        http://world.std.com/~pd

                     "Boycott intrusive advertisers!"

1. Strange Problem in integrating Postscript files with LateX

Hi,
        I got the following problem which seems to be very strange to me.
I prepared encapulated postscript files from Adobe Illustrator (3.01) on
a Mac, and then transfer it to a UNIX machine (SUN SPARC) where it is
 merge with the latex files (I've tried both psfig/TeX and the "\epsffile"
 command in LateX). Everything goes well and I can preview the merged
 page (text from Latex and the figures from Adobe) on ghostview.

However, when I try to print it out, the figures does not appear.

The strange point is that:

1. I can print out the encapsulated postscript file containing the figure
   on my SPARC station
=> My laserwriter should be able to handle the psfile generated by Adobe
   Illustrator.

2. I can preview the "desired" merged output page from ghostview
=> The procedure I did for encapsulating the psfile into latex document
   should be correct.

Can anyone out there have any ideas about this instance ?

P.S. The text-portion of the document is of minimal length
     => should not (?) cause memory overflow problem on the printer.

and I've also try the quick-fix ("-K" option for dvips) and also the use
 of \leavevmode (as suggested in the User Guide of DVIPS).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Wing-cheong Lau
University of Texas at Austin

2. Infini-D List Server??

3. Graphic Artists PLEASE read!!!

4. !!!!! PCL to TIFF or POSTSCRIPT needed !!!!!

5. Help: Obtaining drivers

6. HP PCL to Postscript utility wanted

7. Image ready 2.0 not working

8. ?Postscript to HP PCL converter