Siggraph Renderman GI papers online?

Post by Stephen Spenc » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 01:38:08

Quote:>Is there any difference between the Siggraph membership ($27.00
>annually) and ACM Professional Membership ($17.00 for Economically Developing
>Countries - online only) in terms of access to papers, etc? In other
>words if one were to choose the ACM $17.00 membership could one still have the
>benefits of Siggraph?

Gavin, that's a good question. The answer is "no." That level of
membership in ACM does not come with access to the ACM Digital
Library, nor does it come with the quarterly ACM SIGGRAPH organization
publication 'Computer Graphics.'  Access to the full ACM Digital
Library resources is normally $100 per year.

Joining ACM SIGGRAPH at the rate of $27.00 per year ($20.00 for a
student) gives you access to all of the ACM SIGGRAPH-related content
in the ACM Digital Library, as well as the Quarterly publication, and
discounts on registration and materials at conferences and workshops
we sponsor (as well as our heartfelt thanks for your support).

  Stephen N. Spencer
  Graphics System Engineer         ACM SIGGRAPH Director for Publications

Post by Felipe Esquiv » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:49:24

> I surely will put quite a bit on the comments section. The one that
> really ticked me off was that there was only 1 Animation theatre!!! So
> it was difficult to see any of the festival this year

Not only this, they also shared the AT space with other activities,
the only two times I tried to enter I found:

1.- A media meeting.

2.- A presentation of how a group of Hungarian (I think) made an
animation for a game with RenderMan.

I missed the Larry Gritz yearly course.

Felipe Esquivel

Post by Stephen H. West » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:46:17

> > I surely will put quite a bit on the comments section. The one that
> > really ticked me off was that there was only 1 Animation theatre!!! So
> > it was difficult to see any of the festival this year

> Not only this, they also shared the AT space with other activities,
> the only two times I tried to enter I found:

> 1.- A media meeting.

> 2.- A presentation of how a group of Hungarian (I think) made an
> animation for a game with RenderMan.

> I missed the Larry Gritz yearly course.

Well, Larry's not in the RenderMan business any more. SIGGRAPH can't
be blamed for that. There certainly was a Pixar-organized RenderMan
course; how did it fall short?

--
-Stephen H. Westin