Video output final size-----?

Post by will g » Sun, 14 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Im planning an animation to go out to possibly D2. How big will my working area
be (640 x 480?) and would I have to keep the colors to millions...(using
Premiere and After Effects) I would like to keep some kind of high resolution
as the animation will be projected....thanks for any tips

Video output final size-----?

Post by Kenneth A. Carte » Sun, 14 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Im planning an animation to go out to possibly D2. How big will my
> working area be (640 x 480?) and would I have to keep the colors to
> millions...(using Premiere and After Effects) I would like to keep
> some kind of high resolution as the animation will be projected
> ....thanks for any tips

Computer 640 x 480

NTSC = 720 x 486

PAL = 768 x 576

HDTV = 1920 x 1080

Hope this helps,
--
Kenneth A. Carter
Owner/Creative Director

916.334.8385 Voice/Fax

  Sacramento's  Premiere  Multimedia  Design  &  Production  Studio
                  S P A N K . I N T E R A C T I V E

                        http://www.spank.com/
I N S P I R E                C R E A T E                P R O V I D E

"Fueled by idealism and a spirit of exploration, the future is as raw
as any frontier and we have no exit strategy."
                                               -K.A.Carter

Video output final size-----?

Post by Frank McInty » Mon, 15 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: Im planning an animation to go out to possibly D2. How big will my working area
: be (640 x 480?) and would I have to keep the colors to millions...(using
: Premiere and After Effects) I would like to keep some kind of high resolution
: as the animation will be projected....thanks for any tips

640x480 should be fine.  Color wise, just be sure to make your colors NTSC
legal, or you could end up with some * hot-spots or discoloratoins
where you never expected them. Depending on what kind of compression you
are using, you may actually end up using a 16bit YUV color space instead
of 24bit RGB.  I use a Media100 and when I import my QuickTime, I just
select the NTSC color option and it usually comes out fine.  Probably
worth doing a test or two before chugging away at a couple gigs of files,
though.

-Frank

Video output final size-----?

Post by Eric Kornbl » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Im planning an animation to go out to possibly D2. How big will my
working area
> be (640 x 480?) and would I have to keep the colors to millions...(using
> Premiere and After Effects) I would like to keep some kind of high resolution
> as the animation will be projected....thanks for any tips

It depends on how you're going to get the animation out to tape. NTSC tape
is usually 720x486, but if you're going out by using something like a
Media 100, then just render at 640x480 and the Media 100 will do the
conversion for you.