surface mesh generation

Post by Raquel Dosil Lag » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

    Hi. ? Can someone tell me where to find a free distribution software
package for
    windows to generate a surface mesh? I need to obtain the reconstruction
of a             surface from a set of points. I have got the point set and
I can do the visualization         whith openGL. Now I need something that
makes the intermediate step: the                 triangulation. If you know
any web site where I can download what I need, please     send it to this
mail address:

    Thanks a lot

        R. Dosil.

surface mesh generation

Post by Olivier Dagenai » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

If your set of points is ordered, then perhaps you can instruct OpenGL to
create quad strips from it?

--
-------------------
Olivier A. Dagenais

>     Hi. ? Can someone tell me where to find a free distribution software
> package for
>     windows to generate a surface mesh? I need to obtain the
reconstruction
> of a             surface from a set of points. I have got the point set
and
> I can do the visualization         whith openGL. Now I need something that
> makes the intermediate step: the                 triangulation. If you
know
> any web site where I can download what I need, please     send it to this
> mail address:

>     Thanks a lot

>         R. Dosil.

surface mesh generation

Post by dcast.. » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

You'll want to take a look at VTK, it has everything you'll need. But
be warned the documentation sucks.

http://www.kitware.com/vtk.html

On Mon, 22 May 2000 20:22:18 +0200, "Raquel Dosil Lago"

>    Hi. ? Can someone tell me where to find a free distribution software
>package for
>    windows to generate a surface mesh? I need to obtain the reconstruction
>of a             surface from a set of points. I have got the point set and
>I can do the visualization         whith openGL. Now I need something that
>makes the intermediate step: the                 triangulation. If you know
>any web site where I can download what I need, please     send it to this
>mail address:

>    Thanks a lot

>        R. Dosil.

surface mesh generation

Post by D. Schwan » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

>     Hi. ? Can someone tell me where to find a free distribution software
> package for
>     windows to generate a surface mesh? I need to obtain the reconstruction
> of a             surface from a set of points. I have got the point set and
> I can do the visualization         whith openGL. Now I need something that
> makes the intermediate step: the                 triangulation. If you know
> any web site where I can download what I need, please     send it to this
> mail address:

>     Thanks a lot

>         R. Dosil.

Mayby the demo version von Amira can. www.zib.de and www.tgs.com

1. State-of-art in surface mesh generation

Hi all -

whats the state of the art in generating (triangulated) surface meshes
from volume models (e.g. a 64x64x64 segmented image)?

i'm swamped with dozens of references from the Int. Jn. Num. Methods in
Engineering, but none seem to stand out.

post or email

Cheers, Mike
--
-----

Speech, Vision and Robotics Group, Cambridge University Engineering Dept.

2. downsampling sharp edges

3. surface mesh generation

4. Icon editor

5. Defining Element Size by Using Line/Surface Sources for mesh generation

6. Soliciting help to play prank on high school friend

7. which algorithm can i use for mesh generation/surface from point

8. D3D Texturing problem

9. Web page on mesh generation / grid generation: New release

10. Arbitrary dot surface -> line/mesh surface

11. Help! Mesh Generation

12. New WWW-page with information on finite element mesh generation