1bit tiffs

Post by Eri » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 05:29:59

Is there a free library that will allow me to read in large 1bit tiffs
but store them in memory as 1bit per pixel instead of 32bits per pixel
like libtiff does?  Because 30kx30k images are way to big to hold in
memory at 32bits per pixel.  That was the problem I was having in my
last post.

1bit tiffs

Post by Marco Schmid » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 05:40:48

Eric:

Quote:>Is there a free library that will allow me to read in large 1bit tiffs
>but store them in memory as 1bit per pixel instead of 32bits per pixel
>like libtiff does?  Because 30kx30k images are way to big to hold in
>memory at 32bits per pixel.  That was the problem I was having in my
>last post.

I'm pretty sure that the readRGBA function isn't the only one. If that
isn't in the docs, ask on the mailing list:

Regards,
Marco

1. 1bit TIFFS - HELP

When i import bilevel(2colour) 1bit tiffs into Quark Xpress the images are
previewed(?) as black & white.  Will these Tiffs print as colour or is it
just not possible to use them ?   The files are about 570kbs as TIFF files
but balloon to about 32MB if i save them as EPSF to get them into
illustrator + Xpress ok (Illustrator wont import 1bit TIFFS!?!?) So
obviously i want to use TIFF images. Can someone help with this problem?
thanks .

2. Underwater ripple effect?

3. Massive 1bit Image Viewers?

4. Film Scanners?

5. Bmp Color Depth Convert(1bit to 8bit): 8bitgray vs 8bit Color

6. An AVI player for the MAC...?

7. COnvert RGB to 1bit with threshold

8. Seeking someone from 4D-land

9. REQ - (8-BitGray to 1Bit) Color Quantization

10. 1bit bitmap stretch

11. Fast/Efficient 2D 1bit Animation in X/Motif?

12. How to save bitmap in monochrome ( 1bit ) ?

13. Can i save a 1bit image?