Please help: How to retrieve the information which affects the shape node in Open Inventor

Please help: How to retrieve the information which affects the shape node in Open Inventor

Post by Michelle Zh » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 02:48:22

Hello,
        I am wondering if there is a simple way to retrieve the property node
which affects the shapenode in a scene graph. For example
I have a subscenegraph such as

        separator

    |--------------|
   material      separator

                 bunch of shapekits here...

   the material value under first separator will give the shapenode
inside the shapekit material attribute if the "material" part in shapekit
not set, otherwise the "material" part inside the shapekit will affect the
shape's looking. Basically, is there a simple way to know which property node
affecting the shapenode (I know this is already done in scene graph traversal
when applying the GL render action). How can I retrieve this kind of informatio
fast so I could change it or reuse it for other purpose?

Thanks alot for your help in advance!!!

Michelle

1. New shape node affects current material, cache problem?

I've created a new shape node which has more rendering modes than
the built-in Inventor shapes.  For example, it has an 'RGB' mode
in which it maps normals to colors in a way different than that
diffuse material properties.  In rendering in this mode, I do
something like this:

         glEnable(GL_COLOR_MATERIAL);
         glColorMaterial(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_AMBIENT_AND_DIFFUSE);
         // render here
         glDisable(GL_COLOR_MATERIAL);

Now, if I change the mode to use materials again, the diffuse
color may remain as the last color which was applied in 'RGB'
mode.  Is this because the material properties have been cached
and it is unaware that my rendering had a side-effect?  If this
is the case, what do I need to do in order to notify it?  Note
that I do not want to simply change the Diffuse property with
every call, as it appears that the above color tracking is more
efficient.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Dan Schikore

2. Steve Hatton give me your e-mail

3. SoNodeSensor cannot retrieve the trigger node under nodekit (repost)

4. gnuplot 3.5.334 on winnt: date plot weirdness

5. Retrieving the selected node

6. Renderer tesselation

7. Retrieving DCEL information of 3-d objects stored in MAX, 3DS, and other formats

8. Radiosity

9. Retrieving DCEL information of 3-d objects stored in MAX, 3DS and other formats

10. retrieving DCEL information of 3-d objects stored in MAX, 3DS and other formats

11. OpenGl question : retrieve glEvalCoord information

12. Retrieving world information within a Nodekit?

13. retrieving vertex information from a 100k vert D3DXMESH