Persistence of Vision

Post by David Hafk » Sun, 14 May 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone use this program? I have just downloaded it from sumex-aim, and
I was trying to get a file called 'persistence-of-vision-scenes.hqx', which
after I downloaded/converted it, it came out as POVSCN.SEA.BIN -- why the
.BIN?? Has anyone been able to download/use this file?

Thanks,

Dave

Persistence of Vision

Post by magu » Thu, 18 May 1995 04:00:00

> Does anyone use this program? I have just downloaded it from sumex-aim, and
> I was trying to get a file called 'persistence-of-vision-scenes.hqx', which
> after I downloaded/converted it, it came out as POVSCN.SEA.BIN -- why the
> .BIN?? Has anyone been able to download/use this file?

> Thanks,

> Dave

.bin usually means it's MSDOS based. (IBM stuff.)

Persistence of Vision used to be a pretty good shareware graphics program
for the mac YEARS ago. I don't know if it's still around.

Persistence of Vision

Post by Tim Steffe » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

> > Does anyone use this program? I have just downloaded it from sumex-aim, and
> > I was trying to get a file called 'persistence-of-vision-scenes.hqx', which
> > after I downloaded/converted it, it came out as POVSCN.SEA.BIN -- why the
> > .BIN?? Has anyone been able to download/use this file?

> > Thanks,

> > Dave

> .bin usually means it's MSDOS based. (IBM stuff.)

.bin usually means that the file is in MacBinary (wow, the file was binhex
coded, MacBinary format, and suffit compressed!).

--
Tim Steffens                      | The tragedy of life doesn't lie
   Lab. Matrls. Super.            | in not reaching your goal. The

 Fax   (208) 885-6518             |         Sturff (AOL)

Persistence of Vision

Post by Bria » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

> .bin usually means it's MSDOS based. (IBM stuff.)

> Persistence of Vision used to be a pretty good shareware graphics program
> for the mac YEARS ago. I don't know if it's still around.

no, BIN is macbinary, just drag-drop it on Stuffit Expander or whatever
and it can decode it

*             Munchkin On IRC            *
*     http://www.halcyon.com/larryf/     *

Persistence of Vision

Post by John Ha » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

re. Persistence of Vision used to be a pretty good shareware graphics program
for the mac YEARS ago. I don't know if it's still around.

POV is still around and now there is a book out (I can't remember the name, I
think it is something like Raytracing on the Mac) that comes with POV and
describes how to use it.

John

Persistence of Vision

Post by jjb » Tue, 23 May 1995 04:00:00

: .bin usually means it's MSDOS based. (IBM stuff.)

Untrue.  It usually means it's an executable Macbinary file.  SEA is for
self extracting archive, btw.  That should be another clue that it's a
Macbinary file.

: Persistence of Vision used to be a pretty good shareware graphics program
: for the mac YEARS ago. I don't know if it's still around.

It's available from ftp://ftp.cdrom.com for all platforms, including the
Mac.  I believe there's a fat binary version for powermacs, too.
--
-----

Hope you enjoyed it.
-----

1. Persistence Of Vision where?

hi, this is my first time on this group. i'm looking for Povray
raytracer. their home page and ftp site doesnt have it! or i just cant
find it. actually, i already have the SW version of the exe but i need
the scn's and other data stuff. no can find! i think the file is called
povdoc.zip? any help would be appreciated.

please email responses to :

or

thanx in advance for any help you can offer.

2. Rotation Problem

3. Raytracing - Persistence of Vision (hope this is the right newsgroup)

4. Inventor - SoXtFullViewer decorations

5. Question about Persistence of Vision raytracer ( IBM ))

6. Red Eye??

7. Persistence of Vision

8. Non dithering web color

9. Thank you to all who replied (Persistence of Vision)

10. Purpose and role of Vision List (comp.ai.vision)

11. Persistence of Memory

12. Persistence of various phosphors.

13. Persistence of Memory effect