Startrek Database Search Continues

Post by Blake Freebu » Fri, 31 May 1991 09:31:21

I have gotten plenty of requests for the Enterprise from the Next Generation
if I find it, but so far no luck.

This is for those people (where ever they are) who can take scenes and make
3D databases out of them (ie the los angeles movie, voyager titan, mars and
venus flyover, etc)

I have several clips of images of the Enterprise from the front, side, and
back.  I digitized several frames from each motion, and now would like to
take them and build a 3D database.  Any ideas, places to look, people to
email to?

Please send email if you have anything that may help.
Blake Freeburg

Post by 32kai.. » Wed, 05 Jun 1991 05:49:54

> I have gotten plenty of requests for the Enterprise from the Next Generation
> if I find it, but so far no luck.

> This is for those people (where ever they are) who can take scenes and make
> 3D databases out of them (ie the los angeles movie, voyager titan, mars and
> venus flyover, etc)

> I have several clips of images of the Enterprise from the front, side, and
> back.  I digitized several frames from each motion, and now would like to
> take them and build a 3D database.  Any ideas, places to look, people to
> email to?

> Please send email if you have anything that may help.
> Blake Freeburg

I've got some code for both the NCC-1701-A and NCC-1701-D
The NCC 1701-A was created by a student at Northern Michigan University
 and I took on the job of translated it from PDP11 to Digital MicroVAX II
 to Macintosh.
NCC 1701-D is a converted version of above by myself done on the MicroVAX II
 and is also in the process of being convert to the Mac.
Needless to say the data for the ships isn't anything complete
 just some slick data points and some rotations and translations
 and PRESTO.
NCC 1701-A has a couple unobvious bugs
NCC 1701-D has more noticible ones (a big job for one guy in one semester).

and myself and Northern would appreciate some notice
for our trouble with these programs.

But it's here for any private use.
The code file are large so instead of e-mailing to me, fellas and gals,
I'll post it later on when I've ironed the bugs out.

By the way I would like a copy of the complete blueprints of NCC 1701-D
if anyone has one.

Matthew

1. GUNSTAR, startrek databases

hello this is the original guy who wanted the startrek databases.

i've FINALLY downloaded from tape my Gunstar databases and the larger one
of the two is corrupted. the smaller one is fine and is workable but it's
not nearly as detailed as the original.

the large (2Mb) Gunstar database to PLEASE send it again.

also to those who offered to set up an object database for the
Gunstar, StarTrek, StarWars starships;
                let's do it.

                                                                blackcat

2. HELP-need program

3. StarTrek starship databases

4. OpenGL/systems programmer needed

5. Continuing search for postscript interpreter

6. MAN! character setup is TEDIOUS!

7. Full-Text Search/Picture Database

8. video compressor

9. Searching for Public Domain Brain & Neuron Databases

10. B-spline database search

11. visual search in image database