Any ideas? (slightly OT)

Post by Xslf » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:51:23

I manage the Hebrew PSP user group (
http://forums.nana.co.il/forum.asp?id=2041  ). Although I can see many
people read messages, not many write.
Any ideas how to get them to write more?
Thanks

Any ideas? (slightly OT)

Post by Marvin Margoshe » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 04:25:20

Quote:> I manage the Hebrew PSP user group (
> http://forums.nana.co.il/forum.asp?id=2041  ). Although I can see many
> people read messages, not many write.
> Any ideas how to get them to write more?
> Thanks

Ask some questions, especially ones that people are likely to have strong
opinions about.

Any ideas? (slightly OT)

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 04:36:25

> I manage the Hebrew PSP user group (
> http://forums.nana.co.il/forum.asp?id=2041  ). Although I can see many
> people read messages, not many write.
> Any ideas how to get them to write more?

Threaten them? :-)
Actually, I find forums the least desirable way to communicate on the web.
Navigating web pages with a dial-up is always a problem, especially when
having to wait for the ubiquitous ads to download. I subscribe to one
forum and visit it maybe once a day. If there is something interesting
that I want to respond to, I click on Reply, wait for the messasge page to
load with its new ads, type my response, click send, wait for the
acknowedgement page to load with new ads, click on 'Continue', and wait
for the forum to reload with my message and new ads. I then leave because
I am tired.

--
Bill - PSP and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

1. Slightly OT: Which office chair?

Should I spring for an Aeron or settle for cheaper but also
ergonomic non-brand? I'll be spending 8-10 hours a day in it for
the foreseeable future. There's a one-month return period, so I'll
have plenty of time to try it out.

Aeron
http://sit4less.com/aeronchair.html
Ergotask chair
http://sit4less.com/ErgoTask/ErgoTask.htm

Recs appreciated.

2. Beginner Graphic Help

3. slightly OT: terragen

4. Image Ready

5. slightly OT: Linux X problem

6. Sick of All the whinie Lightwave user's

7. Slightly OT - Media Centre

8. gl Rewnder & X Window

9. re. Slightly OT file association question

10. slightly OT - image viewer.

11. Slightly OT need a 3D

12. slightly OT: Bladepro Presets