InDesign wants to mount remote volume on startup

InDesign wants to mount remote volume on startup

Post by Chris Szilag » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:06:52

Hello,
I've posted this already but did not get any responses, so I am trying
it one more time.

We are having a strange problem with InDesign 2.0 on a MAC with OS
9.1. When launching InDesign, it tries to mount the drive of another
MAC on our network, right when it says "executing startup services".
It appears one of the files it is trying to use is "OTHERMAC/System
Folder/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Photoshop5DefaultCMYK.icc".
We have tried re-creating the preferences for InDesign, this has not
worked. Re-installing the software also does not seem to help. We have
also moved the .icc file mentioned above to a different location on
the disk, but this doesn't appear to make any difference. Clicking
cancel for the Appleshare dialog works and Indesign runs as normal.
Has anybody else seen this or know how to get rid of this problem??!!
Thanks in advance.

 --
 Chris

InDesign wants to mount remote volume on startup

Post by Lee Blevi » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:27:11

This is why peer to peer networking sucks.

DELL READ THIS.

> Hello,
> I've posted this already but did not get any responses, so I am trying
> it one more time.

> We are having a strange problem with InDesign 2.0 on a MAC with OS
> 9.1. When launching InDesign, it tries to mount the drive of another
> MAC on our network, right when it says "executing startup services".
> It appears one of the files it is trying to use is "OTHERMAC/System
> Folder/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Photoshop5DefaultCMYK.icc".
> We have tried re-creating the preferences for InDesign, this has not
> worked. Re-installing the software also does not seem to help. We have
> also moved the .icc file mentioned above to a different location on
> the disk, but this doesn't appear to make any difference. Clicking
> cancel for the Appleshare dialog works and Indesign runs as normal.
> Has anybody else seen this or know how to get rid of this problem??!!
> Thanks in advance.

>  --
>  Chris

1. Indesign for poetry volume

Is Indesign appropriate for creating book length poetry ms? I've previously
done work with Pagemaker and a lot with TeX/LaTeX. I understand that
InDesign will give me TeX like quality of the typography, but that it is
troublesome for long work... I don't need indexing, but I do need TOC and
other appropriate features for a ~350pp or so book.

--
Chris Lott

2. An Appeal for Computer Graphics Ideas

3. WANTED: Volume data -> surface algorithm wanted

4. HELP! Largest Rectangle within a Contour.

5. 3D Animators wanted for startup

6. TVspot LW

7. Laser Show Startup person,s wanted

8. But is it ART? Was: Re: NeVeR SeeN ReNdErInG BeAuTy : KPT Bryce.

9. Q: Gimp XScanimage (SANE) startup script mod. wanted

10. InDesign feedback wanted

11. Advice wanted on Volume Rendering

12. 3d volume of human hand Wanted

13. WANTED: Volume Rendering Bibliography