7500 video in: PAL/NTSC, S-Video

Post by Andrew Ton » Mon, 21 Oct 1996 04:00:00

The 7500 product spec info sheet from Apple mentions PAL and NTSC
"playthrough" rates and NTSC captures.  Please advise if my 7500 accepts
video through the phono jack and S-video port in PAL or NTSC format.
Also, does anyone know of a video cam with S-video out?

Post by Jerry Kinda » Mon, 21 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>The 7500 product spec info sheet from Apple mentions PAL and NTSC
>"playthrough" rates and NTSC captures.  Please advise if my 7500 accepts
>video through the phono jack and S-video port in PAL or NTSC format.

Yes, it does.

Quote:>Also, does anyone know of a video cam with S-video out?

Almost any Hi-8 or S-VHS camcorder has this feature.  Most 8mm and VHS
models, however, do not, since there's no point to it -- the video isn't
stored on the tape in a separate Y/C format, so having an output with
separate Y/C signals accomplishes nothing.  (The S in S-video stands for
"separate" as in "separate Y/C" -- Y=luminance, C=chrominance.)

Once you leave the realm of the consumer/prosumer, you get into
industrial, where you can buy just a camera (no built-in VCR) with S-Video
out.  A friend of mine has such a beast, a 3-CCD unit with a dockable Hi-8
deck.

--

Manual Labor  <http://www.manual.com/>

Technical Writing; Internet & WWW Consulting

7500 video in: PAL/NTSC, S-Video

Post by Thomas Bart » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

You might try asking at your local Radio Shack-- that's the kind of
thing they might actually be able to answer!

1. VGA/PAL/NTSC PC VIDEO BOARDS

Hi Netters,

I am looking for some info on PAL video -> VGA -> PAL video adapter
cards for a colour VGA PC AT system. I am interested in cards that can
display realtime PAL video on a VGA monitor and allow graphics to be
mixed/overlayed with the video (ie the card must have a GENLOCK
facility to sync to external video sources), the card would also
produce a PAL video compatible output. I believe there is a card called
the "VIDEO TOASTER" (tm) which has these capabilities but produces
NTSC video. Is there a PAL video version of this card and who makes it?

I am also interested in a card to convert VGA to PAL video alone.

If there is anyone out there who owns or knows of these cards, please
could you email me or post to this group any details you might have as
to where I might get hold of one of these cards.

Thanks in anticipation

Duncan Woodward

Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Natal
Durban 4001
South Africa
TEL: +27 31 8161392
FAX: +27 31 8162617200

2. Clouds

3. NTSC/PAL video out query

4. dxf file format

5. Video Format - NTSC or PAL

6. #9 Series 2 versus GLINT

7. D1 video (NTSC) to PAL format in Alias 8.5

8. digimarc - watermarking

9. Converting NTSC SVCD to Pal SVCD with Video Studio 6

10. Another Question about Power Mac 7500 and Video Cards

11. 7500-stuttering video

12. Will my 7500/100 *record* video?

13. Best frame rate for real time video capture (7500)