Looking for Scientific/Visualization applications generator / high level language

Looking for Scientific/Visualization applications generator / high level language

Post by Gilad Gor » Tue, 10 Nov 1992 02:31:47

Hi,
We are looking for an "applications generator" or high level language that will
enable us to generate code for scientific research (Linear systems, Numerical
solutions of equations, Interpolation and Approximation, Transforms etc.) and
visualization of the results (Image processing, plots and countours etc.).
Advanced Man-Machine I/F will be of great help. This software should run on
UNIX workstations.

                                Thanks

                                Gilad Goren

Looking for Scientific/Visualization applications generator / high level language

Post by Jonathan Heilig » Thu, 12 Nov 1992 00:22:21

Quote:>We are looking for an "applications generator" or high level language that
will
>enable us to generate code for scientific research (Linear systems, Numerical
>solutions of equations, Interpolation and Approximation, Transforms etc.) and
>visualization of the results (Image processing, plots and countours etc.).
>Advanced Man-Machine I/F will be of great help. This software should run on
>UNIX workstations.

   Silicon Graphics markets two applications that might be right for you.  One
is IRIS Inventor and the other is IRIS Explorer.  IRIS Explorer is a bit more
advanced, but I believe it is more centered around a programmers intface. .
The only problem is that I believe these two programs only run on an
SGI workstation, not any old UNIX box.

--
Jonathan Heiliger ........ Electric Power Research Institute

Telephone <*> (415) 855-2888