Matrox Millennium II Woes

Post by Kevin Krau » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I recently bought a used 8600 with a G3 Upgrade and a Matrox Millennium II
8MB Graphics Card. The machine runs fine, but the Millennium seems to be
very slow compared to the onboard video - It cannot play 25fps Fullscreen
Quicktime, and the screen redraw is often clearly noticable. I got the
latest BIOS and drivers, but the behavior is the same. Any Idea what's
wrong?
Also, since I installed MacOS 8.5 on the machine, the Millennium is not
recognized at the first startup - when I reset the machine immediately
after the Happy Mac appears on the onboard-connected screen, the
Millennium is recognized as it should be, else the Millennium-connected
screen stays dark...
I am quite surprised about this, as the Millennium II is a very performing
graphics adapter in a PC - did Matrox f*ck up the Mac version??

Help greatly appreciated

Kevin Krause

to mail me personally, remove the underscore.

1. Matrox Millennium II

Hello,
can you tell me something about this board?
Is it useful with 3dsmax or lightwave?
Does it speed up rendering?
What does it support ( openGl, HEIDI, ...)?

Thank you in advance.
Bye,
Dome

--

http://members.it.tripod.de/beelsoft/

2. PS insists on printing B&W and screened on Kodak ColorEase

3. Matrox Millennium II driver

4. *Latest* MEDIASTUDIO PRO 6 Review

5. About Matrox Millennium II

6. stupid question.

7. Matrox Millennium II performance with lightwave?

8. OpenGL with Matrox Millennium II

9. Matrox Millennium II performance with LightWave.

10. Matrox Millennium and Diamond Monster (3dfx)

11. Matrox Millennium & low resolution modes

12. Bugs in Matrox Millennium