Help save Zak Nork from 3D!!

Post by al.. » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

During a bout of extreme psychosis, I met a guy named Zak Nork,
who was a magic little source.pov in my rendering directory.

He asked me to save him from the 3D, so he could sit here and get
crazy with the rest of us. Alas, in my zest to help him, my command
input matched his input filename with his output filename, so that my
last source is now our final targa output.

Can I take a tga and turn it back into a pov? I'm a fool I know. Don't
flame, the lastzak_out.tga staring at me from my desk is enough to
shame me....

Thanks, A_Z.

Help save Zak Nork from 3D!!

Post by Pssco.. » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Can I take a tga and turn it back into a pov? I'm a fool I know. Don't
>flame, the lastzak_out.tga staring at me from my desk is enough to
>shame me....

>Thanks, A_Z.

Next month's rendering contest: recreate Zak Nork given only a .TGA
file...

Help save Zak Nork from 3D!!

Post by Joshua Sulliv » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Sorry, he's gone...

--

    Pangloss admitted that he had always suffered horribly; but having once
    maintained that everything was wonderful, he still maintained it and

Help save Zak Nork from 3D!!

Post by Chris Wo » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: >Can I take a tga and turn it back into a pov? I'm a fool I know. Don't
: >flame, the lastzak_out.tga staring at me from my desk is enough to
: >shame me....
: >
: >Thanks, A_Z.

: Next month's rendering contest: recreate Zak Nork given only a .TGA
: file...

if it was on a Mess dos machine (or some other OS that supports undeletion)
try undelete, changing the sourcename's first letter to somthing else...

if you used the +c option try textediting off the tail end of the file
(ie: the image)

somehow i don't think you'll have much luck but it's worth a bash...

Help save Zak Nork from 3D!!

Post by Joshua Sulliv » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I don't think that will work.  I think pov sets the file length to 0 and
rewrites the file.  If this is the case, the old file was never deleted,
the .tga file *is* his old file.

                                                Josh Sullivan
--

Post by mcst.. » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Can I take a tga and turn it back into a pov? I'm a fool I know. Don't
>flame, the lastzak_out.tga staring at me from my desk is enough to
>shame me....

>Thanks, A_Z.

        I'm not sure if the first part of your message describes a game or
a party, but, in answer to you're last question, you can use any .tga as
an imagemap in POVRay.  You could use it as a background and put any
new objects you want to add between your .tga image and the camera.
   Good Luck!
      Mark

Help save Zak Nork from 3D!!

Post by al.. » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>>Can I take a tga and turn it back into a pov? I'm a fool I know. Don't
>>flame, the lastzak_out.tga staring at me from my desk is enough to
>>shame me....

>>Thanks, A_Z.

>    I'm not sure if the first part of your message describes a game or
>a party, but, in answer to you're last question, you can use any .tga as
>an imagemap in POVRay.  You could use it as a background and put any
>new objects you want to add between your .tga image and the camera.
>   Good Luck!
>      Mark

Thanks Mark,

So that you are assured, I am completely mad and the first part of that post
simply verifies that fact.

Secondly, your suggestion to incorporate this tga into a new pov specifying
hieght fields is a good one. Good grief is, I have a great deal of trouble in doing
exactly that.

I think I fall down in my water_level(s). I have the doc, but it is not good
enough in explaining the process. (Sorry RTC II authors, but if it's any consolation
it's the only short fall in the book).

I use the PMView pallette to try and get my water levels, but, and not for the
lack of trying, the best I have done in incorporating a tga/gif into a pov has
output a surrealistic expression of what I intended. (Didn't look half bad but
it's not what I wanted..)

Can anyone point me to good, thorough doc on doing this. (Sheesh, I need it!!)

A_Z.

1. Need help saving images with Cool 3D

I bought Cool 3D version 2.5 yesterday and installed it successfully. Bu
when I made a test image with a plain text and tried to save it as jpg
file, it gave the error message of:

Failed to allocate memory. Lower down the resolution of dimensions of
the image and try again.

I did both and tried saving under each image type jpg, bmp, gif..,
trying with diff settings but still wouldnt let me save the image. I was
wondering if this may be because I may not have enough ram. Also I cant
seem to apply the textures or some of the other features to the text and
was wondering if this is coming from the same problem. I have 16mb of
ram and plan to get more in a few weeks. Thanks in advance for any help
anyone can give.

2. GLXwinset blocking for events???

3. saving problems HELP HELP !!

4. How to Wrap a Texture

5. 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D

6. TChart Problem

7. HELP! Trying to save jpeg only saves as html file (In Save for Web)

8. 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D