does anyone have this 3D clipping algorithm ?

does anyone have this 3D clipping algorithm ?

Post by henning hoffma » Fri, 02 Apr 1993 01:45:27

Does anyone have a copy of the 3D clipping algorithm SH(DGR) (the
Sutherland-Hodgman algorithm modified by Duvanenko) found in:

V J Duvanenko
Simple and Efficient 2D and 3D Span Clipping Algorithms
Master of Science Thesis,
North Carolina State University
(December 1990)

I would appreciate getting a copy of this (the algorithm only).

Thanks in advance.

Henning Hoffmann

1. Has anyone ever done torn paper in 3D?

I'm looking to do an effect I've never seen done in 3D before, I want to make
a rendering look as though I've burst through a giant piece of paper (you know,
like a football player bursting through a team banner at the beginning of
a game).  Any cool ideas of how to get this done in 3D.  I've tried
trim-dividing out a section of flattened sphere, but it looks icky and
hard-edged.  I'm starting to think I'll have to do this in 2D, but I'd rather
not in order to keep with the motif of the 3D scene.

Thanks for any help...

-mikey

2. MULTIMEDIA SCHOOLS

3. Anyone doing contract IT work in 3D?

4. Creating / Editing AVI's...hard to believe...

5. Anyone need any 3D Animation done???

6. Has anyone managed to get a 3ds object into Mac LW?

7. Doe's anyone own Cool 3D 2.0??

8. SoExaminerViewer methods thumbwheels etc.

9. 3D clipping algorithms

10. WANTED: fast 3d polygon clipping algorithm

11. Pointers to clipping algorithms (3D)

12. Cohen-Sutherland 3D clipping algorithm

13. 3D Clipping algorithm