Photshop - worth upgrading 5?

Post by Lyndo » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:32:00

Is there enough improvement in PS6 to upgrade P5 5 to 6?
Exactly what were the upgrades between the two?
This would be with a relatively cheap upgrade (used!)

Thanks
Lyndon

Photshop - worth upgrading 5?

Post by do » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 04:40:15

for web graphics 6 is great, the text capabilities are now really
good. You can edit text easier, turn on and off effects in the layer,
etc. Also creating patterns and text outlines are much improved. PS 7
is coming out this month though and it has extra retouching tools. I
recommend just going for PS7, version 6 is already history. 5 to 6 was
a big jump. 6 to 7 is smaller. It could be  important to MacOSX users
to upgrade to 7.

you can also read the following goog independant review about PS6
http://www.digital-web.com/reviews/product/review_2001-9.shtml

regards Don

> Is there enough improvement in PS6 to upgrade P5 5 to 6?
> Exactly what were the upgrades between the two?
> This would be with a relatively cheap upgrade (used!)

> Thanks
> Lyndon

1. Photshop 4.01 Upgrade

I downloaded the 4.01 upgrade from Adobe Web Site. The upgrade would not
install on Win 95 or NT. The error message given was Error 34. Has anyone
else had a similar problem.

Thanks

2. Hekp with a loft object

3. Is ACDSee 2.4 worth the upgrade?

4. Lightwave 7 Demo

5. Is latest Micrographx Designer worth the upgrade?

6. Animation

7. Bryce 4 worth upgrading?

8. Why do I get only one bit/color ?

9. Strata upgrade worth it?