Gantt Chart /data visualization software

Post by Generic Log » Sat, 22 Oct 1994 11:34:22

>we are looking for software capable of displaying data as Gantt Charts. That
>is, an assignment of ressources to tasks over time must be visualized
>in form of a diagram. We are especially interested in programs which allow to
>change the diagram interactively and also in software running under UNIX.
>Any suggestions, experiences or places / adresses / newsgroups to turn to
>are highly appreciated.

You may try the GLG Widgets; the Gantt Chart is one of the graphs
available from the Catalog for $200. The editor to customize the graph
interactively comes for free with the purchase of the graph. The graph
may be changed from a program using the resource mechanism. The
widget's selection callback allows interactive editing to be
implemented.

The Demo is available by ftp from:

        ftp.netcom.com:/pub/glg/

The Demo does not show the Gantt chart, but gives you a feeling of GLG
Widgets by presenting a few graph samples. It also shows examples of a
user feedback, including dragging the datapoints of a graph with the
mouse.

The ftp site also has the Widget Catalog in the PostScript form, so
you will be able to take a look at the Gantt Chart. If you need a
different layout, the custom version of the chart may be ordered for
the same price.

The GLG Widgets are currently available on SunOS and Lunix; Sun
Solaris and HP ports will be available in November.

                    |          Generic Logic Toolkit
Alex Fridman        |   (GLG Widgets and Graphics Builder)
Generic Logic, Inc. |     For a Demo and Widget Catalog:

                    |     ftp: ftp.netcom.com:/pub/glg/

Gantt Chart /data visualization software

Post by Dietmar Geud » Fri, 21 Oct 1994 18:06:19

Hello,

we are looking for software capable of displaying data as Gantt Charts. That
is, an assignment of ressources to tasks over time must be visualized
in form of a diagram. We are especially interested in programs which allow to
change the diagram interactively and also in software running under UNIX.

Any suggestions, experiences or places / adresses / newsgroups to turn to
are highly appreciated.

Thanks

   Dietmar Geuder

1. Q: interactive Charts / Gantt charts

Hello,

does anybody know of a software package or library by which data can be
represented in form of a Gantt chart, i.e. 2-dimensional table containing
bars.  It should be used to visualize the allocation of resources over time.

Any information or help is appreciated.

  Dietmar

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

/   /||    |    AESOP GmbH                      phone:  +49 711 16359-18   \
\  /_||    |    Koenigstr. 82                   fax:    +49 711 16359-99   /
/ /  |ESOP_|    70173 Stuttgart, Germany        priv.:  +49 7153 23444     \

2. Paint Shop Pro 5

3. Looking for Gantt Charts tools

4. Evolving fire clouds

5. Gantt chart and big table

6. source of geforce examples?

7. Draw Gantt-charts (representing schedules) (X11)

8. Gantt Chart in Delphi

9. Software to produce data charts for Web pages

10. Data->Charts->QT Movie Software

11. Freeware - SELAVI - Scientific Data Visualization Software - WIN3

12. ANNOUNCE: Data Visualization Software