How to protect an EPS file from misuse?

Post by Ywel » Sun, 09 Apr 1995 04:00:00

If you could open the original files you could write the copyright
information away from the actual graphics so they can be cropped out when
being used in a layout while still making the copyright statement (or any
other legaleze you may want to include) an integral part of the file).
Otherwise you'll probably just have to send along a letter when sending in
disks warning them that unauthorized use etc etc. If they still use the
art in an unauthorized manner, sue 'em. Old fashioned, but effective. Good
Luck.

How to protect an EPS file from misuse?

Post by Illya Kuryak » Thu, 13 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I guess I'm thinking of using raw postscript code or something in the
> EPS file to ensure that it's context hasn't been tampered with.
> Is this possible?

DOH!!

I forgot to mention that if I converted the Illustrator EPS to Photoshop EPS,
it would work the same when you stick the file into PageMaker.  They
merely cannot _easily_ edit the file.  (Given enough time and patience,
anybody can recreate anything on the computer... just look at the Nat
Enquirer... and their pictures of things like Ross Perot chummy with an
alien. ;)

Hrmmm.

_If_ you have your ad in PageMaker... then it's probably all separate elements.
I've not got the current version of PM... only have 3.01 (and don't
actually have it installed).  So, while that presents a problem.. I
presume you have all the separate elements as data files and can provide a
printed copy of the desired article.

If that's the case, you'd send me all your datafiles... that go into the ad.
I'll rearrange them in Illustrator and Photoshop... and create a single
graphic element that you can shove into a PageMaker file... though the
newspaper could just as easily do that.

Again, if you're interested... let me know.

Rick Pavek

--
Illya Kuryakin                     "HA!!"
U.N.C.L.E. Network Services                 Ruby

They told me to put a disclaimer here.  And _I_ run the place. :}

1. Need help in converting Mac EPS files to IBM EPS files

Can someone recommend a good program or utility to convert Mac EPS files to
IBM EPS files.  (Particularly involving Illustrator files.)

MacLinkPlus has difficulities in that it makes files that are large and poor
quality.  Is there another good conversion program out there?

Please e-mail me at:

Thanks.

2. 3D Libraries for PCs (Windows)

3. Need help converting Mac EPS files to IBM EPS files

4. MPEG Player For RISC/6000

5. View EPS file in MAC Apps (EPS from UNIX)

6. PC program creating 2/3/5/6/7 bits/pixel GIFs?

7. Joining .eps files together on unix (was .jpg to .eps)

8. Password Protect TIFF File

9. Protecting Quark Files??

10. Password Protect TIFF File

11. Password Protect pmd file