nmake problem

Post by Paavo Makela,Vaasa Finla » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I'm using MS Visual C++ 5 product with RenderMan on NT platform.
When I start the Flexlm license server, everything goes fine and
Renderman is functioning properly. But if I try to make any of the
tutorial chapter scenes the make -process does not finish; it
complains that there is an internal error. This is very odd.
And what's even more odd is that when I shut off the Flexlm
license server, the make goes fine but stops at the obvious: no
license for prman.

I could not find any explanation in the MS C++ documentation on
NMAKE and CL error codes.

This problem is very annoying as it effectively makes prman a bit
unusable.

1. Problems for glutwin32.mak by NMAKE

Hi:
    I transplant my code from UNIX to WIN NT and I have installed glut
3.6. When I execute

    nmake -f Makefile.win

I get the error message.

E:/glut-3.6/glutwin32.mak(71) : fatal error U1083: target macro
'$(EXES)' expands to nothing
stop

my Makefile.win is

=================== Makefile.win ==============================
# Makefile for Win32

!include <e:\Progra~1\DevStu~1\vc\include\win32.mak>

TOP = E:/glut-3.6

!include "$(TOP)/glutwin32.mak"

TARGET=vf2D.exe

SRCS = vf2Dmain.c vf2Dui.c vf2Dintpl.c vf2Dread.c vf2Dfunc.c
vf2Dmotionctrl.c vf2Ddraw.c vf2Dwrite.c

OBJS =  vf2Dmain.obj vf2Dui.obj vf2Dintpl.obj vf2Dread.obj vf2Dfunc.obj
vf2Dmotionctrl.obj vf2Ddraw.obj vf2Dwrite.obj

HEADERS = vf2Dclass.h vf2Dfunc.h vf2Dmotionctrl.h vf2Dwrite.h
vf2Ddefine.h vf2Dintpl.h vf2Dread.h vfgl.h vf2Ddraw.h vf2Dmain.h vf2Dui.h

# dependencies
$(TARGET): $(OBJS)

vf2Dfunc.obj : vf2Dfunc.c vf2Dread.c vf2Dintpl.c $(HEADERS)

vf2Dintpl.obj : $(HEADERS) vf2Dintpl.c

vf2Dread.obj : $(HEADERS) vf2Dread.c vf2Dintpl.c

vf2Ddraw.obj : $(HEADERS) vf2Ddraw.c

vf2Dwrite.obj : $(HEADERS) vf2Dwrite.c

vf2Dmotionctrl.obj : $(HEADERS) vf2Dmotionctrl.c

vf2Dui.obj : $(HEADERS) vf2Dui.c

vf2Dmain.obj : $(HEADERS) $(SRCS)

Can  anybody  help me? Thank you very much.

Jia-Huei Liao

2. Anaglyph head

3. Q:How Can I NMAKE on NT 4.0

4. UCLA short course on "Holographic Mass Memory"

5. V++ Nmake command

6. SGI IndyCam Help !?

7. how to use nmake?

8. OpenGL,WWW and ActiveX

9. Can't build MS opengl example code under MSVCNT 1.1 on NT 3.5 (SP3)? Nmake error U1007

10. Problems..Problems..Problems

11. UDO importation problem/POV-ray rendering problem?

12. (new Problems) FINAL: 8-bit colormap problems

13. TEXT PROBLEM: Unwanted grey box behind text and other problems