Video Densitometry

Post by all.. » Sat, 15 Sep 1990 01:54:09

I'm looking for an image analysis program running on UNIX that will allow
me to do video densitometry on digitized images of polyacrylamide gel
electrophoresis gels.  What this means is I will be working with an image
with a series of 'bands' of varying intensity, and I will need to be able
to draw a line through this image and get a plot of intensity versus distance
along this line, a plot that should contain a series of peaks corresponding to
the bands on the original gel.  Next I need to quantitate the data by
integrating the area under each of these peaks.  Is there such a program
floating around in one of the anonymous ftp archives, or otherwise available
for use on a UNIX machine?  There are a few such programs to run on the
Mac, but I don't have access to a machine that will handle the necessary
grey scales.

Thanks in advance,

                                Keith Allen
                                University of Colorado

1. WANTED: X11R4 Greyscale Densitometry Package

Does anyone have source code for an 8 bit image  editor (similar to the sun
rasterfile touchup utility currently available under suntools) written for
use with X11R4?  I would be particularly interested in any editor which has
a means of outlining an arbitrary region of an image and copying the region
into a cut-and-paste buffer.  My goal is to produce a tool for manually
segmenting an image into arbitrary areas and collecting statistics on the
max x/y dimension, average greyscale value, etc.

Thanks, AJ Annala

2. CD's and sunlight

3. Densitometry (or relative optical density)

4. OpenGL driver that uses Direct3D

5. Could someone suggest a great video card 32 meg video card with video out

6. Help with sharpening of lines on a upsized image?

7. Micro Conversions VIDEO WIZARD graphics card with video-out, video-in, and tuner

8. T1000 effect in 3D Studio.

9. --- PETITION for a MODERN BASIC VIDEO MODE on PC VIDEO CARDS ---

10. VIDEO to PPM to VIDEO

11. best video card for video analysis/image recognition?

12. -- PETITION for a MODERN BASIC VIDEO MODE on PC VIDEO CARDS ---