Simple question about porting GL -> OpenGL

Simple question about porting GL -> OpenGL

Post by JAMES J VINCE » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 00:40:26

I am not familiar at all with OpenGl but have a simple question. I have a graphics
program written with plain GL calls that I would like to compile with OpenGL, so
as to be able to run in 64 bit mode on our new machine. Is this possible, or will
it be necessary to rewrite the code?

                                        Jim

Post by Allen Ak » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 03:26:56

| I am not familiar at all with OpenGl but have a simple question. I have a graphics
| program written with plain GL calls that I would like to compile with OpenGL, so
| as to be able to run in 64 bit mode on our new machine. Is this possible, or will
| it be necessary to rewrite the code?

There is a tool, toogl, in the 4Dgifts directory that you can use to
handle the most straightforward parts of the port to OpenGL.  However,
you'll need to rewrite anything involving IrisGL windowing or
event-handling calls.

Check the OpenGL Porting Guide (it's one of the Insight books) for more
information.

Allen

1. Help needed on GL->OpenGL port

Hello,

We are porting a GL application to OpenGL. However, I can't seem
to discover an OpenGL equivalent for the GL's: "lrectwrite" or "rectwrite".
These routines draw a rectangle of pixels into the framebuffer. The rectangle
is passed to lrectwrite as an array. So my question is: is there an
equivalent (or is this routine too platform dependent)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PLease reply by Email.

Thanks,
Micha

--
Micha Verhagen                                  Philips Research

                                                WL 1.1.36
                                                tel  : 040-743621

2. - blobbug.gif (0/1) POV bug found in blob hierarchy

3. GLXwinset() gl->OpenGL conversion question

4. Help with Quaternions

5. help: port application from Gl to OpenGL

6. New Pencil, Inc.

7. Has anyone ported IRIS GL to Opengl?????

8. No memory problem

9. help: port application from GL to OpenGL

10. Porting IRIS GL code to OpenGL

11. Port of IRIS-GL charstr() to OpenGL

12. Speed implication of porting GL to OpenGL

13. GL,MOTIF,WinNT,Win95 - Porting Question