fading into transparency

Post by bazje » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
Im completely new to this graphics stuff, but I have been tasked with
producing an
image in which the outside edges fade to transparency.

Someone mentioned to me that what I needed to use was an alpha channel?

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this stuff?

Thanks very much

Barry Roberts

fading into transparency

Post by Port » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,
>Im completely new to this graphics stuff, but I have been tasked with
>producing an
>image in which the outside edges fade to transparency.

>Someone mentioned to me that what I needed to use was an alpha channel?

>Can anyone point me in the right direction with this stuff?

>Thanks very much

>Barry Roberts

Hi Barry,

Go here first and then check out page 7 and 7b.
http://members.aol.com/psptopten/a19.html

Porter

(Delete offoff or mail bounces)

fading into transparency

Post by Bill Michale » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Go here: http://members.aol.com/psptopten/7.html

> Hi,
> Im completely new to this graphics stuff, but I have been tasked with
> producing an
> image in which the outside edges fade to transparency.

> Someone mentioned to me that what I needed to use was an alpha channel?

> Can anyone point me in the right direction with this stuff?

> Thanks very much

> Barry Roberts

1. Gradient fade to transparency

Hi!

I'd really be grateful for some help on the following:
I can't figure out how to make one image fade to transparency (or any
background color, for that matter) - kind of like if it had no borders.

What I've tried to do was create an alpha channel of the whole image's
selection. I then gradient filled that selection (for example using
Foreground to Transparent). That alpha channel was loaded as a selection
into the image and then I filled it with white color... This ends up in an
image nicely fadding into white, but not to transparent...

Could anyone please enlighten me as to how it can be done? Thank you in
advance.

Best regards,

--

    Pedro Fonseca

/**

 * http://www.pedrofonseca.com
 * Mobile: 964598357
 *
 **/

2. Unable to load icon DLL for this screen...

3. how to fade to transparency?

4. help, 'aircraft' steering algorithm

5. fade into transparency

6. Change Color

7. fading/add transparency?

8. fast rejection in large terrain datasets

9. transparency fade

10. Layers and Fading Transparency

11. Fading transparency and reflections ?

12. Fade Outline -> GIF / Transparency

13. Fade-n Fade-out functions for moviemaker?