pls help w/scanner/driver problem...

Post by Frances Del Ri » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:40:57

I just borrowed a scanner from a somebody, a UMAX, I installed the driver
w/no problems, but it's not working... when I do file --> import in
Photoshop, it finds the scanner ok, but when I hit "preview" I get the
following alert:  "

Scanner is not found or not ready, pls choose the proper scanner model by
selecting "SCSI ID" item from Settings menu."

But when I pull down the 'settings' menu, and select 'SCSI ID' I get a
sub-menu, with a bunch of settings, pls see screenshot at
http://www.best.com/~fdr/scanner.html....  I select 'local search' from the
sub-menu, but after hitting 'preview' again it tells me again the scanner
cannot be found..  would appreciate some suggestions..

am running sys 9.0 & PS 5.5 on a 4400/200.. thanks!!

Frances Del Rio
http://www.best.com/~fdr
http://photocase.net

pls help w/scanner/driver problem...

Post by Phil Rona » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:58:38

Quote:> I just borrowed a scanner from a somebody, a UMAX, I installed the driver
> w/no problems, but it's not working...

Check your system 9 CD for a firmware update -- I seem to remember reading
something about "improving SCSI performance" in the blurb that came with it.

Phil

--

          ^^^^^^^^
Remove the musical instrument to reply by email

1. help pls user scanner in Pge 6

I am unable to use my La Cie scanner in Pagemaker although I have the
Twain driver installed.  When I go to select, nothing shows up (may be
irrelevant) and acquire does nothing too.  The twain driver is
installed in the system folder.  Anyone know anything about this?  (I
know I can scan in photoshop and then bring it in but i guess if I see
I CAN do something, then I like to have the choice of doing something.
Manual for Pge 6.0 says it can be done. Please send reply to my email.
TIA. >:)

2. opengl and C++ ?

3. Prophet III and Max4 problems...Pls Help.

4. Textbox

5. pls help with video problem

6. 3D Exploration by X Dimension Software

7. Pls help with problem regarding Lightwave in XP.

8. HOT NEWS

9. Mac Modeler Problem-Pls help

10. fill in problem, pls help

11. Borland and GLUT problem. Pls help :)

12. Gifbuilder color problem..pls help!

13. scanner driver problem