Dib Displaying in Windows

Post by Doug Hopp » Sun, 08 May 1994 07:29:53

Hi there,
     I am new to bitmap processing in Windows, and I need some help
pretty fast.  I want to do two things:
   1) Display a DIB using Windows SDK API functions.
   2) Display a DIB using Visual Basic 3.0.

I have a DLL function which will load in my file ( a JPEG image file) and
return a handle to the memory DIB.  How do I take that Bitmap handle and
display the corresponding DIB?  Could somebody send me C source functions
or code to do this.  Code for both the Visual Basic and SDK API would
be greatly appreciated.

My function for the loading of the JPEG image looks like:

     HBITMAP hBitmap;
     hbitmap = load_jpeg("c:\image.jpg");

    I want to then display hbitmap

1. Translating a Windows DIB to an OpenGL DIB

Hi

I would like to convert windows bitmap (obtained from a memory device
context) to an OpenGL Bitmap for the purpose of texture mapping. I am having
trouble converting the windows bitmap.
Does anybody have any ideas or know about an API?
Currently I know that there is an auxDIBImage openGL function to load an
openGL bitmap from a Bitmap file. Is there an equivalent function that takes
an HBITMAP?
I know there is an MFC example at the MSDN but the problem is I dont know
how to merge my Windows GDI/'OPenGL code with MFC...I get a linker error
like:

Linking...
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__beginthreadex
Debug/cylinder.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Does anybody know what is causing this?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Henry

2. DVD workshop ERROR

3. DIB to DX8 Display

4. Collision detection...

5. Displaying a DIB

6. Dll returns a Handle to a DIB how can I display in picture box

7. Displaying DIB's

8. displaying 24 bits DIB bitmap

9. Need Help Creating and Displaying a DIB

10. Displaying DIB ?

11. Displaying A Dib