Data->Charts->QT Movie Software

Post by Robert Emmet Curr » Tue, 14 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for a program (pd, shareware or cheap) that will let me take
numeric data, say, in tab-delimited format, then generate QuickTime movies
that show changes in the data over time. Simple stuff like histograms and
pie charts.

I have seen a few stats apps that do this, but they are way too expensive
for what I need. And I suppose I could script someting like ClarisWorks
(if it is scriptable) and save the graphs as numbered PICTs, then
recombine them tinot a moovie, but that would not be a fun way to spend an
afternoon.

Any ideas?

--
Robert Currie
Cobalt Communications

Data->Charts->QT Movie Software

Post by Robin Deuts » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I am looking for a program (pd, shareware or cheap) that will let me take
>numeric data, say, in tab-delimited format, then generate QuickTime movies
>that show changes in the data over time. Simple stuff like histograms and
>pie charts.

Robert,

Not shure about numeric data input, but try the chooser-level
utility named "Print2Pict". It has an extension called "Print2QT",
which - as I got it - allows for (single?) frame shots from within
any program to a QT movie. Latest version is Print2Pict 3.6, you
should find it on any shareware server...

Regrads,
Robin