cgm/iges/gks/phigs packages wanted

Post by Mark Sherm » Tue, 09 Oct 1990 05:15:30

I am trying to find packages that support manipulation of cgm, iges, gks
and phigs files (I am assuming these will be different packages and not
the same one!). I am interested in both "public domain" and commercial
versions. Source code is nice, but not essential (but in the absence of
source code, support is necessary). Similarly, a C interface is nice but
not essential. I have access to Unix, Mac and DOS, so as long as I can
get the package on one of those, I'll be OK. I know about xgks. I've
heard about sphigs, but don't know anything about it -- I will be
finding out, so please, no more pointers about that.
                        -Mark
(PS I didn't see anything obvious in slugging through old
net.comp.graphics and net.sources.*. Any other places I should have
looked? )

1. GKS or CGM --> idraw translator wanted

Does anybody know of a GKS driver for InterViews Idraw PostScript, or
a translator CGM --> Idraw? I would also be interested in hearing
about other programs that can produce Idraw PostScript as output
(plot2ps is the only one I know of).

If you are not familiar with it, Idraw is an interactive graphics
editor (something like MacDraw) that runs under X. It is part of the
InterViews X Toolkit avail. via anon. ftp from interviews.stanford.edu.
Idraw files are compatible with PostScript, but not vice-versa.

I would also be interested in hearing about any other good graphics
("object", not raster) editors (other than xfig) that run under X,
especially if they can import CGM files.
--

Boston University                  uucp: {harvard,uunet}!bu.edu!bucasb!rosen

2. Something powerful like Eclipse?

3. WANTED: HPGL to IGES/CGM converter

4. LightWave Object info, please

5. Wanted:UNIX Drawing Package that can read .CGM correctly

6. intuitive 3d

7. Number of GKS/PHIGS Users?

8. GVX1

9. GKS to PHIGS