(jpeg,MAC) to (jpeg,PC) !!!

Post by Robert M » Mon, 28 Nov 1994 09:14:26

[ Cross posted to comp.sys.mac.graphics and followup's set accordingly ]

) > I am working on a PowerMacintosh 6100/60AV. Few days ago i captured
) > some video with Fusion Recorder Version 1.0.2. This software bring
) > the recording on a jpeg format. I saw it with the mac wier but when
) > i try to see on a pc things go wrong. I suposse is an architecture
) > problem. Do you know how to convert from (jpeg,Mac) to (jpeg,Pc).
)
) JPEG is JPEG... isn't it?

Not exactly, or rather, that's not what the original poster meant to ask.

JPEG is a compression algorithm.  It is not a file format.

JFIF is a cross platform file format and is championed by the IJG.

JPEG compressed PICT (or PICT's compressed with the QuickTime JPEG codec)
is a file format.

I don't know what file format the Fusion Recorder uses.  It may be QT
with the JPEG codec.  It may not.

So, does the original poster want to see the video on a PC or a single
still image?  Second, what format is the video currently saved in?  Third,
why was the question asked on comp.sys.mac.programmer.tools?

Cheers,
Rob
Robert S. Mah           Software Development          +1.212.947.6507

1. (jpeg,MAC) to (jpeg,PC) !!!!

Hi:

I am working on a PowerMacintosh 6100/60AV. Few days ago i captured some video with Fusion Recorder Version 1.0.2. This software bring the recording on a jpeg format. I saw it with the mac wier but when i try to see on a pc things go wrong. I suposse is an architecture problem. Do you know how to convert from (jpeg,Mac) to (jpeg,Pc).

Many thanks in advance.

                                                          Nelson Cristi Z.

Hi:

--

2. Spy people on the Net

3. Mac jpeg compresses more than PC jpeg

4. Bump mapping problem.

5. How to convert a Mac JPEG file into windows JPEG file

6. Realtime Shadows

7. JPEG-MAC 2 JPEG

8. Seamles textures

9. Jpeg: From Mac to PC

10. Needed urgently -- Mac to PC JPEG converter for Windows or DOS

11. tranferring Mac to PC (JPEG) HELP!

12. JPEG to Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) encoder?

13. Converting JPEG between Mac and PC