Persuasion 4.0: Size of printed object doesn't match screen size

Persuasion 4.0: Size of printed object doesn't match screen size

Post by Gene Mr » Sun, 05 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Here's a strange one...

I've used Aldus Persuasion 3.0 extensively and upgraded to 4.0 when it
came out last year.  Recently I used 4.0 to prepare a rectangular
newspaper ad that had to be exactly 3-1/8 x 5 inches.  I set up the ad on
the screen using the ruler & grid to achieve those measurements.  But the
printed copy (via HP LJ4M+) came out 3-1/4 x 5-1/4 inches.

Prepared the same graphic in 3.0 and it printed exactly as displayed on
the screen --i.e. 3-1/8 x 5 inches.

Has anyone encoutered this problem in Persuasion 4.0?  Does anyone know of
a solution?

--
Gene Mroz

------
"There is something fascinating about science.  One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a trifling investment of fact."-- Mark Twain
------

1. print colour doesn't match screen

Printing through GIMP, I'm finding that the colours appearing on my Epson
Photo 750 don't match what appears on the screen. The problem is
particularly marked with reds -- which come out more like muddy browns. More
intruigingly, this *isn't* the case if I print through a different program.
I'm not even sure where to start trying to tackle this problem, and any
pointers would be helpful. I'm using Windows2000.

2. Permedia 3

3. View / Print Size - Doesn't

4. Thumbnail creation?

5. Elements color doesn't match printer, but Epson print preview is close

6. Sasquatch & Motion Designer don't blend well.

7. GIF image size vs. logical screen size

8. Printed copy doesn't look like what's on screen

9. TBitmap sizing taking into account screen size

10. modify quality through alpha channel doesn't yield smaller file size

11. Image size and Printing size ???

12. Print size on screen