Post by Robert L. Sandfo » Tue, 01 Nov 1994 23:06:22

I need to generate some test bed images using 3d studio. I have
a CD full of gifs, cels, jpegs and other 2d formats. What I want to
do is load a 2d object into a 3d space (with x,y and z coordinates).

The test bed image will consist of multipe 2d objects but residing in
3d space. Can anyone tell me how to do this in 3d studio.

In much appreciation,
Robert

Post by Jay_Lloyd_Nea » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 09:08:12

 What I want to : do is load a 2d >object into a 3d space (with x,y >and z coordinates).
Quote:>Well, probably the simplest way is >to create a number of flat

, square mesh surfaces with the grid API,
 >and map each bitmap image onto >one..

Quote:>- Richard Tilmann

Great. 'cept I don't own 3DS.
Can I do this on a Mac with any <$1k rendering environments?
 I would like to simulate multiplane camera effects
 with depth of field blurs, and have cels cast shadows
 without having to write Rman shaders.
(mine almost never work. I think Rman is aRcane).

Post by Richard Tilma » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 06:13:05

: I need to generate some test bed images using 3d studio. I have
: a CD full of gifs, cels, jpegs and other 2d formats. What I want to
: do is load a 2d object into a 3d space (with x,y and z coordinates).

: The test bed image will consist of multipe 2d objects but residing in
: 3d space. Can anyone tell me how to do this in 3d studio.

: In much appreciation,
: Robert

Well, probably the simplest way is to create a number of flat, square
mesh surfaces with the grid API, and map each bitmap image onto one, like
projection screen floating in space.  Then you can place each square
however you want.

:  (517) 772-5451                                                        :
:________________________________________________________________________:

I need to generate some test bed images using 3d studio. I have
a CD full of gifs, cels, jpegs and other 2d formats. What I want to
do is load a 2d object into a 3d space (with x,y and z coordinates).

The test bed image will consist of multipe 2d objects but residing in
3d space. Can anyone tell me how to do this in 3d studio.

In much appreciation,
Robert

2. BUILD YOUR OWN C`A.B,L,E B,O`X...FREE C`A.B,L.E`.. 4128

3. error code

4. 2d and 3d objects in 4d space

5. A 234K Free Bookmark Manager Recommand

6. Transforming 2D point in a local space to 3D Space

7. Field Converters

8. Product info : 3D Browser 4.0.2 - View your 2D images files and your 3D objects

9. 3D-Studio 3D to 2D

10. Rendering 3d studio/imported objects in Bryce 3D?