HELP with .dl & ASCII coded pictures

Post by John Owe » Fri, 18 Feb 1994 22:01:38

Hello, I recently download two "pictures" in unusual formats.
The first was a .dl file, this is not a .dll it was a .dl
I believe it may be some type of motion picture (multimedia)
file but I need a viewer.
Second I downloaded a few .zip compressed files.
when these were expanded I found lots of ascii files with images
done in characters on them (hard to explain).
There were also a few .ppp or .ppa files that looked to contain
palette information.  I have heard of ascii pictures, but have never
seen one.
Help with viewers or information about these formats would
be greatly appreciated.
mail can reach me at

Thanks in advance, john :)
.