Halo problem

Post by Maxon J Busche » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

How do a make a hale (contained in a sphere) more transparent -
ie, so I can see better what's behind it.
thanks,
Max

Halo problem

Post by Nieminen Mi » Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:00:00

: How do a make a hale (contained in a sphere) more transparent -
: ie, so I can see better what's behind it.

  Add transparency to the color map.
  ie. if you have:

  color_map
  { [0 color rgb <0,0,0>]
    [.5 color rgb <1,0,0>]
    etc
  }

make this:

  color_map
  { [0 color rgbt <0,0,0,.5>]
    [.5 color rgbt <1,0,0,.5>]
    etc
  }

  A transparent value 1 will make the color completely invisible (and 0
completely opaque).

--
Hanki el?m?, hanki linux.
                                                              - Warp. -

1. halo problem

Hello,
I am a pov-ray beginner and have a problem with halos.
I am not able to create a halo in a torus. The emitted light should be white
along the center line and blend smooth to blue in the outer regions.
Could someone give me a simple example for this, please?

Thank you,
Michael

2. Animation Tutorial Question

3. Piriform and Halo problem (creating a Flame).

4. graphics viewer recommendation

5. Odd Halo Problem- Please Help

6. Indy3D OpenGL Performance and Quality Benchmark

7. POV3 DOS Halo Problem...

8. RenderMan FAQ - monthly posting

9. Halo-problem.

10. Multiple halo problems in POV 3