Help in locating a filter...

Post by MysticMoo » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi. I just came across a tutorial by Dizz that calls for a plugin called
Texturizer. Does anyone know where I can get this filter? I appreciate any
help. Thanks in advance.

Mystic

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Shar » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have the Texturizer plug-in that you are talking about. (It is freely
distributed) I don't recall which web site I got it from, but I needed it to
do a tutorial  (I make E-mail Stationery).  Would you like me to send the
zipped file as an attachment to this newsgroup? Or do I need to send it to
your personal e-mail addy?
Shari

Quote:> Hi. I just came across a tutorial by Dizz that calls for a plugin called
> Texturizer. Does anyone know where I can get this filter? I appreciate any
> help. Thanks in advance.

> Mystic

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Joe Cilinceo » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

That filter is a Adobe filter that comes with both PhotoDeluxe and
Photoshop. Don't know where you could get a free one however.

--

Joe Cilinceon
http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

Quote:> Hi. I just came across a tutorial by Dizz that calls for a plugin called
> Texturizer. Does anyone know where I can get this filter? I appreciate any
> help. Thanks in advance.

> Mystic

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Angela M. Cabl » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm guessing the one that's referred to is the Texturizer filter from
Adobe Photoshop.  If you have Photoshop you can go to
File->Preferences->General Program Preferences and point PSP to the
Photoshop Plugins directory.  I do remember a site offering it for
download along with a tutorial, I think it was removed when somebody
pointed out that offering it up was illegal.  If you have BladePro you
can accomplish much the same effect, just use whatever bump map you were
planning on using in PhotoShop, make it greyscale and plunk it in your
Environments & Textures directory, or just use one of the bumps that
come with BladePro.  I have a tutorial on using BladePro to make
seamless textured tiles here:
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/tutorials/bladeprotiles...
I've also got some free bump maps here:
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/textures/bumps/bumps.html

--
Angela M. Cable
5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Shar » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>>I do remember a site offering it for

download along with a tutorial, I think it was removed when somebody
pointed out that offering it up was illegal.<<

I hope this was not generated from the recent thread that I was involved in.
I sent my apologies to everyone in this newsgroup over that thread. I'm not
here to offer illegal plug-ins or any illegal programs. I'm sorry that you
feel this way.
Shari

Quote:> I'm guessing the one that's referred to is the Texturizer filter from
> Adobe Photoshop.  If you have Photoshop you can go to
> File->Preferences->General Program Preferences and point PSP to the
> Photoshop Plugins directory.  I do remember a site offering it for
> download along with a tutorial, I think it was removed when somebody
> pointed out that offering it up was illegal.  If you have BladePro you
> can accomplish much the same effect, just use whatever bump map you were
> planning on using in PhotoShop, make it greyscale and plunk it in your
> Environments & Textures directory, or just use one of the bumps that
> come with BladePro.  I have a tutorial on using BladePro to make
> seamless textured tiles here:

http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/tutorials/bladeprotiles...
rotiles.html
> I've also got some free bump maps here:
> http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/textures/bumps/bumps.html

> > Hi. I just came across a tutorial by Dizz that calls for a plugin called
> > Texturizer. Does anyone know where I can get this filter? I appreciate
any
> > help. Thanks in advance.

> > Mystic

> --
> Angela M. Cable
> 5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:
> http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354
> PSP Tutorial Links:
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9871/PSPlinks.html
> BladePro Visual Archive:
> http://www.crosswinds.net/~angeal

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Shar » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I do have Adobe Photoshop (although I prefer using PSP). The texterizer
plug-in (or whatever you want to call it) that I'm talking about, goes into
your PSP Plug-Ins folder. I downloaded mine, from a site that offered a
tutorial on texterizing e-mail stationery backgrounds.
Shari

> That filter is a Adobe filter that comes with both PhotoDeluxe and
> Photoshop. Don't know where you could get a free one however.

> --

> Joe Cilinceon
> http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

> > Hi. I just came across a tutorial by Dizz that calls for a plugin called
> > Texturizer. Does anyone know where I can get this filter? I appreciate
any
> > help. Thanks in advance.

> > Mystic

Help in locating a filter...

Post by David and/or Jackie Laderout » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:39:53 -0600, "Shari"

>>>I do remember a site offering it for
>download along with a tutorial, I think it was removed when somebody
>pointed out that offering it up was illegal.<<

>I hope this was not generated from the recent thread that I was involved in.
>I sent my apologies to everyone in this newsgroup over that thread. I'm not
>here to offer illegal plug-ins or any illegal programs. I'm sorry that you
>feel this way.

I don't think this is directed at you - I remember seeing that tutorial,
and I imagine a lot of people downloaded the filter when it was up.
There was no indication on the site that the filter was one of Adobe's,
so I'm sure most people just followed the tutorial.

You can fake the effect with Blade Pro, but PSP's texture effect does
just as nice a job.

Jackie

--
< o \"/  Don't play cat and mouse with me!                            (

********************************************************************/\o/\

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> >>I do remember a site offering it for
> download along with a tutorial, I think it was removed when somebody
> pointed out that offering it up was illegal.<<

> I hope this was not generated from the recent thread that I was involved in.
> I sent my apologies to everyone in this newsgroup over that thread. I'm not
> here to offer illegal plug-ins or any illegal programs. I'm sorry that you
> feel this way.

Aw, shari, you're a little gun shy! It was offered by someone else
before you came here. You don't even have a site, do you?

> Shari

> > I'm guessing the one that's referred to is the Texturizer filter from
> > Adobe Photoshop.  If you have Photoshop you can go to
> > File->Preferences->General Program Preferences and point PSP to the
> > Photoshop Plugins directory.  I do remember a site offering it for
> > download along with a tutorial, I think it was removed when somebody
> > pointed out that offering it up was illegal.  If you have BladePro you
> > can accomplish much the same effect, just use whatever bump map you were
> > planning on using in PhotoShop, make it greyscale and plunk it in your
> > Environments & Textures directory, or just use one of the bumps that
> > come with BladePro.  I have a tutorial on using BladePro to make
> > seamless textured tiles here:

> http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/tutorials/bladeprotiles...
> rotiles.html
> > I've also got some free bump maps here:
> > http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/textures/bumps/bumps.html

> > > Hi. I just came across a tutorial by Dizz that calls for a plugin called
> > > Texturizer. Does anyone know where I can get this filter? I appreciate
> any
> > > help. Thanks in advance.

> > > Mystic

> > --
> > Angela M. Cable
> > 5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:
> > http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354
> > PSP Tutorial Links:
> > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9871/PSPlinks.html
> > BladePro Visual Archive:
> > http://www.crosswinds.net/~angeal

--
Bill -
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235
The USS Salem, CA-139. The World's only preserved Heavy Cruiser,
Quincy, MASS. http://www.frontiernet.net/~willshak/salem/
Remove OutSpammedDot from my e-mail address when replying directly.

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Tess » Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi. I just came across a tutorial by Dizz that calls for a plugin
called
> Texturizer. Does anyone know where I can get this filter? I appreciate
any
> help. Thanks in advance.

> Mystic

Woo-hoo! Finally....a question that I can answer. I recently stumbled
upon a site that has some great tutorials, as well as a link to download
the Texturizer plugin. The tut on using Texturizer is here:
http://home.gallatinriver.net/~morris/PSPTutorials/PSDGraphics/more/T...
remore.htm
and you'll find a link to download it on that page.

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Angela M. Cabl » Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> >>I do remember a site offering it for
> download along with a tutorial, I think it was removed when somebody
> pointed out that offering it up was illegal.<<

> I hope this was not generated from the recent thread that I was involved in.
> I sent my apologies to everyone in this newsgroup over that thread. I'm not
> here to offer illegal plug-ins or any illegal programs. I'm sorry that you
> feel this way.
> Shari

Not at all, I just thought perhaps you were referring to the same site
and wanted to know where the filter link disappeared to.  Bill pointed
out in a subsequent message that you can use PSP's built in effects to
do this, you can do this easily by putting the file you want to use for
the texture into the appropriate folder, I don't think you even need to
rename the file extension, just use a grey scale bitmap.  I don't
personally care for the built in Sculpture and Texture filters as they
leave a rather ugly one pixel border around the entire image that I find
annoying.  I also have more trouble getting a seamless tile on the first
try with the built in filters, I'm probably just used to doing it with
BladePro and am set in my ways :-)

--
Angela M. Cable
5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354
PSP Tutorial Links:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9871/PSPlinks.html
BladePro Visual Archive:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~angeal

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Tess » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Oh, grrr. I wish I'd waited a while before responding to this question.
Had I known that the plugin isn't supposed to be offered for download
from sites like that, I would've kept my mouth shut. So what's the final
verdict: is it okay to have via that lady's site or not?

> > Hi. I just came across a tutorial by Dizz that calls for a plugin
> called
> > Texturizer. Does anyone know where I can get this filter? I
appreciate
> any
> > help. Thanks in advance.

> > Mystic

> Woo-hoo! Finally....a question that I can answer. I recently stumbled
> upon a site that has some great tutorials, as well as a link to
download
> the Texturizer plugin. The tut on using Texturizer is here:

http://home.gallatinriver.net/~morris/PSPTutorials/PSDGraphics/more/T...

Quote:> remore.htm
> and you'll find a link to download it on that page.

Help in locating a filter...

Post by Angela M. Cabl » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I looked at the page mentioned, the filter used is Adobe PhotoShop's
texturizer.  It is not legal to re-distribute it, it is not legal to use
it if you don't have a license for PhotoShop.  I would guess that if
someone with Adobe happened upon the site hosting the file, an email
would be sent asking that the filter be removed "or else".  If you did
download it, I doubt the cops will be showing up at your door with a
search warrant and wanting to throw you in the slammer, and I'm not
attempting to make any m*judgements about anybody, but yes, it is
illegal.

> Oh, grrr. I wish I'd waited a while before responding to this question.
> Had I known that the plugin isn't supposed to be offered for download
> from sites like that, I would've kept my mouth shut. So what's the final
> verdict: is it okay to have via that lady's site or not?

--
Angela M. Cable
5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
PSP Tutorial Links:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
BladePro Visual Archive:
http://www.veryComputer.com/~angeal

1. Help me locate a special filter please!

I am using Paint Shop Pro v. 4.12 and need a filter which blurs or
blends the edge of the image.  Kind of like antique photos.  Can
someone point me in the right direction for this?  Does it exist in
the Filter Gallery, if so where?

2. WIP for IRTC journey

3. FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS

4. Isohetic segment-segment intersection

5. Need help locating company policy paperwork

6. Nederland: opgelet!!

7. Help in locating 3D modeling package

8. Desktop contest : TAKE PART !

9. Help locating a POV scene

10. Help locating program

11. Need help in locating CAD(?) packages

12. Help! Locating POP SOFTWARE

13. Need help locating Dr. Tilove or Requicha