? upgrading to versions 7.02 and 7.04

Post by marielabea » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:13:39

I purchased PSP Version 7.0.  Downloaded the upgrades to
version 7.02 and 7.04 but haven't installed either of them
yet.  Noticed they are extremely large files and am assuming
they are the full meal deal instead of just upgrades?  Do I
need to uninstall my purchased version (boxed CD with books)
to upgrade?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Also will
be purchasing the Anniversary Edition as soon as I get my $30
refund.  Will I need to delete all previous versions of PSP 7?
If so, might it just be better for me to wait for the
Anniversary Edition?

Post by Kris Zaklik » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:37:47

> I purchased PSP Version 7.0.  Downloaded the upgrades to
> version 7.02 and 7.04 but haven't installed either of them
> yet.

Nor should you. The PSP 7.04 patch is all you need since
as it says here http://www.jasc.com/patches.asp? it
updates PSP 7.0, 7.01 and 7.02.

Quote:> Noticed they are extremely large files and am assuming
> they are the full meal deal instead of just upgrades?

No food is included. The large size is related to additional
help documentation.

Quote:> Do I
> need to uninstall my purchased version (boxed CD with books)
> to upgrade?

Upgrade patches patch (or modify) an installed version of
PSP. They are not complete stand-alone versions of PSP.
If you uninstall PSP you won't have anything to patch.

Quote:>  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Also will
> be purchasing the Anniversary Edition as soon as I get my $30
> refund.  Will I need to delete all previous versions of PSP 7?
> If so, might it just be better for me to wait for the
> Anniversary Edition?

Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The

? upgrading to versions 7.02 and 7.04

Post by Fugitiv » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:20:35

I think they are large because there are a lot of improvements.
Install them the way they came.

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:13:39 GMT, "marielabeau"

A few things............     http://www.photoloft.com/view/Album.asp?s=jasc&a=1149773&u=1487314
Fugitive files............     http://www.photoloft.com/view/Album.asp?s=jasc&a=1061143&u=1487314

? upgrading to versions 7.02 and 7.04

Post by Larry Bevar » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 10:06:03

You don't have to uninstall PSP 7.0 to upgrade. These are upgrade files and
need PSP 7.0 on your disk to process the files. The Anniversity Edition is
the same as PSP 7.04 except the have added a few extra programs and files,
most of which you can find on the net yourself. sugggest that you save your
money.

Larry

Quote:> I purchased PSP Version 7.0.  Downloaded the upgrades to
> version 7.02 and 7.04 but haven't installed either of them
> yet.  Noticed they are extremely large files and am assuming
> they are the full meal deal instead of just upgrades?  Do I
> need to uninstall my purchased version (boxed CD with books)
> to upgrade?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Also will
> be purchasing the Anniversary Edition as soon as I get my $30
> refund.  Will I need to delete all previous versions of PSP 7?
> If so, might it just be better for me to wait for the
> Anniversary Edition?

1. PSP 7.02 upgrade to 7.04 problem MSVCP60.dll?

Downloaded PSP 7.04 and installed.  tried to run and got
MSVCP60.dll message, a device attached to the system is not functioning.
Worked fine previously.

Running W98SE.

Tried MS procedure specified about renaming etc.  Still doesn't work.

Any other alternative(s).

Thanks,
Dave

2. Need to create an offaxis camera node

3. Have 7.02 why/how 7.04?

4. Mesa & DGA

5. How To from 7.02 to 7.04

6. Q's about line drawing algorithms

7. PSP 7.04 update US version and Int Eng version

8. looking for freelance storyboard artists

9. Upgrade 5.03 to 7.02

10. Reference & Version 7.02

11. Version 7.02?

12. Help with Upgrade to 7.04