Rectangles with rounded edges

Post by Mohamad A » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

How do you make the corners of a rounded edges rectangle and utilizing
ani-aliasing?
I thought of drawing a circle and splitting it into 4 pieces, but the edges
do not look nice, any Hints?

thanks in advance,
Mohamad A.

Rectangles with rounded edges

Post by Jim Kearma » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I've been zooming into the image and doing it manually. If your email
address weren't munged I'd have sent you a sample. I use a combination of
white pixels and a lighter pixel of the same color as the area that's being
rounded. Simply cutting the corner seems to leave a jagged-looking edge if
the contrast between the image and the background is high.

Quote:> Hi,

> How do you make the corners of a rounded edges rectangle and utilizing
> ani-aliasing?

1. Rounding edges with Poly Edge Shaper plug in

I've tried using it with various settings, but the results are always odd.
I've included an attachment showing the result of the plugin applied to a
box.
Do I have to use the plugin on each ploy separately or something?

Thanks for any help.

2. Truespace2 vs. Hash

3. Presest Shapes - Rounded Corner Rectangle

4. ANIMATORS/ARTISTS WANTED

5. Rounded Rectangles in PSP 5?

6. SEND A MULTIMEDIA EASTER CARD

7. Rounded Borders for Square and Rectangle Images

8. How to adjust corner on applied rounded rectangle

9. Rounded Rectangle Images

10. Rectangle Button w/ Round Ends

11. selection rectangle rounded corners