Please Please Please

Post by Porte » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 05:28:59

Can we please find some way to reinstate the Build-up brush functions on
Retouch tools?

Porter

Please Please Please

Post by hood » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 06:13:36

Well now!  Interesting request -- when I made it and had a whine during
testing I was told that the function was disabled because it
"automatically" builds up.  I am not convinced.

Robin
--
defunct but functional

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Please Please Please

Post by Porte » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 07:18:34

> >Well now!  Interesting request -- when I made it and had a whine during
> >testing I was told that the function was disabled because it
> >"automatically" builds up.  I am not convinced.

> Seems to me that it does build up all the time.  I notice that
> changing the step will uncheck the greyed out buildup box but it still
> appears to build up.  Personally I'd like to have the option of not
> building up, which is how I usually used it in PSP6.

> Cheers
> Ron

Precisely.  It automatically build up all over the place & there are plenty
of occasions when that just totally sucks.  When Robin was squeaking about
this, my mind was elsewhere & I thought I would use Steps to back off on
opacity if I needed a no build up brushes effect, but that was a really bad
plan that doesn't work well at all.  Way to choppy on the results.

I seem to recall it was disabled because there was a conflict somewhere
else, but ouch ...  we really need it back.  I now limp over to 6 (how much
fun is that) for no build up retouch functions.

But yikes man, there are no funky brushes in version 6 & Color to Target
with funky brushes is one majorly cool function which means I'm constantly
bouncing back and forth between 6 & 7 simply because some Retouch features
in 7 are currently pretty lame.

I know Joe won't be showing up on a white horse to ease my worried mind
since he's so stinking secretive about anything in the works.  But if it
ain't in the works ->Please please please.

Going back to version 6 at this point is like going back to Black & While TV
with no remote control & only three channels.  I don't wanna do it.

Porter

1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

I have an NT workstation with MTOR "Cilent mode"
All is ok, but when i lanch the test for Renderman, it give me the follow
error:

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>make

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\shader -q finite.sl shield.sl

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\prman trial.rib
S01001 Cannot load shader "defaultsurface". (WARNING)
R10007 Cannot find default shader.
D04001 DspyName: couldn't find requested driver: ./d_tiff.dll ((null)): No
such file or directory (W
ARNING)
R90011 Can't open display image trial.tif: No such file or directory
S01001 Cannot load shader "ambientlight". (WARNING)
S01001 Cannot load shader "matte". (WARNING)
S01001 Cannot load shader "defaultsurface". (WARNING)
R10009 Cannot find default shader.
R50005 Cannot obtain license - License error: -1, Cannot find license file
The license files (or server network addresses) attempted are
listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
or contact your software provider for a license file.
License path: C:\flexlm\license.dat
FLEXlm error: -1,234

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>..\..\bin\cmptiff -q trial.tif check.tif
TIFFOpen Error: trial.tif: Cannot open
cmptiff: can't open "trial.tif"

C:\Pixar\PHOTOR~1.1\etc\setup>

The license is ok. All modules run ok, but renderman return me this Error.

Please please please help me.

Thank in advance

Enrico

2. Connection between rotation and Vec4f question ?

3. motorbike DXF please please please

4. NewTek Customer Service PH#?

5. HELP! Mixed-model Colormap setting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

6. .pdf>jpg>Word does'n't work.

7. motorbike DXF please please please

8. Type gradient in PS?

9. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. FREE SERIALS: Please, please, please, FREE DA WaReZ - serials1.txt (0/1)

11. FREE SERIALS: Please, please, please, FREE DA WaReZ - serials1.txt (1/1)

12. Please please please stop!

13. Please,please,please help, with sugar on top