glibc-runtime-2.0.5c

Post by Gavi » Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:00:00

For those of us without Redhat 5 I see that glibc 2 has been released on
Slackware 2.5 in the slackware/contrib/ directory - available at your
nearest Slackware mirror.

GDS

ps. I havn't tried it yet!

glibc-runtime-2.0.5c

Post by Hans-Detlev Fin » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> For those of us without Redhat 5 I see that glibc 2 has been released on
> Slackware 2.5 in the slackware/contrib/ directory - available at your
> nearest Slackware mirror.

> GDS

> ps. I havn't tried it yet!

  From all I've read and heard about it the upgrade
to glibc is not trivial. You have to provide the old
libc in parallel with glibc in order to run old applications.
And you have to tell gcc which libc to use.
Just untarring glibc on your system will more than probably
freeze it.

  Maybe Larry could provide a libc5 version of the new BMRT?
(In case he still has access to a libc5-based box.) I think
at the moment it is still too early to completely switch
to glibc. Many users still have the old libc on their systems.
May be different in 6 or so months.

-Hans-

-----
Remove n.o-s.p.a.m. to obtain my real address.
-----

================================
In seeking the unattainable,
simplicity only gets in the way.
-- ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982
================================

1. BMRT, Glibc 2.1 , and Linux distro's

As a (long-time) Slackware user I seem to be falling behind in BMRT
releases because of glibc problems. The last version of BMRT I can run
is 2.4c, even after upgrading to Slackware 7 (glibc 2.1.2) today :-(

My question is - what other distro's is it known to run on well, apart
from RH 5.2 and 6?  I'd rather not have to go the RH route.

Thanks

Gavin D-Selby

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.