need HELP to select software for new Wacom Pen and artZII Tablet

need HELP to select software for new Wacom Pen and artZII Tablet

Post by vic » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

OK I have been using my new Wacom pen and artZII tablet for the last few
days with Lotus * and have noticed that I can't do everything
Wacom claims. A-hah Wacom says FutureWave Smart Sketch (for a mere $50)
can do pressure sensitive and erasing. Same with Macromedia Freehand and
CorelDraw but for mega-bucks. Heck I can get Bezier curves with
SmartSketch.So since I am interested primarily in sketching what can I buy
with these more expensive software packages that I can't get with
SmartSketch and are there others that I should be considering.

                 Thank you
                       Vic

Post by Joseph Bur » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> OK I have been using my new Wacom pen and artZII tablet for the last few
> days with Lotus * and have noticed that I can't do everything
> Wacom claims. A-hah Wacom says FutureWave Smart Sketch (for a mere $50)
> can do pressure sensitive and erasing. Same with Macromedia Freehand and
> CorelDraw but for mega-bucks. Heck I can get Bezier curves with
> SmartSketch.So since I am interested primarily in sketching what can I buy
> with these more expensive software packages that I can't get with
> SmartSketch and are there others that I should be considering.

>                  Thank you
>                        Vic

Try Studio 32 or Adobe Photoshop.

1. Thanks all for assistance in purchase of Wacom pen and ArtZII graphics tablet

I purchased my artZII on Jan 15 at Wests Camera Supply in Seattle for
$310. As some of you advised I would have no difficulty with skipping when
the pen was tilted which I had experienced in a demo. Apparently the
skipping can occur if the tilt sensitivity is turned up but the salesmen
didn't know squat about the Wacom pen. As one of you advised Wacom Tech
support in Vancouver could have told me about this phenomena. I am using
the pen with Lotus Freelance and am sizing up more sophiscated graphics
software for sketching.

2. SGI Optimizer for Windows NT

3. P/C Sketching Software Recommendations for my new Wacom Pen and Art ZII Tablet

4. about the Facial mapping

5. FS: Wacom ArtzII 6x8 Graphics Tablet -like new

6. Truespace SE vs Truespace 2.0

7. 3D Software Engineers for Fortune 500 Company in Bay Area