SOR/spline crashes with Win 3.x

Post by Doug Moun » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Anyone know how to get Win 3.x to run splines and SOR objects without
crashing?  I have POVRay 3.0 and am using the Win32 package, but I was
never able to get the machine to run the spline or lathe.

doug

--
Doug Mounce, Coordinator
Grant & Contract Services

SOR/spline crashes with Win 3.x

Post by Amalthea » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Anyone know how to get Win 3.x to run splines and SOR objects without
>crashing?  I have POVRay 3.0 and am using the Win32 package, but I was
>never able to get the machine to run the spline or lathe.

The only way is to upgrade to windows 95, period.  If you have a 486 or better
than you might as well, since 95 is quite a bit faster than 3.1.  Definitely
more so than the comparison of 95 to 98, the latter being slower where it
counts (opening programs doesn't count as faster in my book).

If you absolutely cannot upgrade, you can do what I did until I got 95...run
the dos version.

-Mike

1. Help, conic/conic, conic/spline, spline/spline, intersections?

Hi,

My math is a bit (quite a bit?) rusty. I need to calculate the
intersections of two conics, in 2D, of the general form:

        ax^2 + 2bxy + cy^2 + dx +ey +f = 0

If it makes it easier one of the conics can be in the form:

        x^2/b^2 + y^2/a^2 = 1

I would just adjust the one conic so its position remains the same
relative to the other. I am primarily interested in ellipses if this
makes the problem easier.

Also, does anyone know of any reference material on intersecting
conics, B-splines, and nth degree Bezier curves with one another?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
--
Andrew
Ditek International Inc.

2. Interacting with and modelling a human body model

3. Spline Patch won't work...

4. Still working on ilTGAImg class

5. radios.pov is crashing pov3 for win

6. Contour line plot

7. PS 5.5 crashes in Win 2000

8. ROM of ANIMATION DEMO

9. phtoshop 6 crashes while resizing or moving (win 98)

10. PS6 on Win ME crashes trying to move marquee

11. PHTOSHOP 5.5 CRASHES WIN 98

12. GIF 89A Export Crashes (PS 5.5 Win)