stripping algorithms ?

Post by S├ębastien Bar » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

(sorry for the multipost to c.g.a., my fault, and was unable to cancel
the first one)

Dear c.g.v. readers.

I'm looking for any links/informations to sophisticated/recent stripping
algorithms (transforming triangles to triangles strips).

Any help (links, files) would be useful.

Thanks a lot.

(please, cc: any answers to my email also : i'll be out of town a week,
and my french server does not seem to save a lot of articles in the
comp.* hierarchy).
--
Sebastien Barre : http://www.hds.utc.fr/~barre/

1. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed

Hello and Thanks in Advance.

  I'm looking for an algorithm to convert a surface tesselation into one or

more triangle strips to improve graphics speed on OpenGL display hardware.

  As input I have a list of points with the topology of the tesselation:
           npoints
           xyz[3][npoints]
           normals[3][npoints]
           ntriangles
           tris[3][ntriangles]

  I would like as output:
           nstrips
           tris[*][nstrips]

  Any help would be appreciated, even a URL.

--
Paul Tallon
Senior Development Engineer

http://users.sgi.net/~pft

2. Unethical: Digital Domain sent letter of complaint

3. stripping algorithms ?

4. HELP: What you see is NOT what you get

5. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed

6. Flatbed Scanner Suggestions?

7. triangle strip algorithms

8. 3D orientation seems to be more difficult than I thought.

9. triangle strip algorithm from SGI

10. Triangle Strips algorithms

11. Triangle-Strip Algorithm Needed

12. Stripping algorithm in directx