Help Please Installing Filter

Post by Sue » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have Blade Pro and Eye Candy installed - I tried installing another filter
and it just won't seem to take.  It shows up in the directory but when I go
to third party filters - it isn't there.  I've been racking my brain - I
went to preferences and did the install - went out of PSP and came back in -
but it still isn't showing - any suggestions, please!

--
Community Leader:
Petsburgh Farm/Blocks 4250-4499

Petsburgh Critique and Review Committee
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/3450
Petsburgh Gazette
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/6860/
Petsburgh World Festival Committee
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/1009/festcom.htm
Blue Ribbon Pet Awards Committee
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/1414/index.html
Pet Site of the Week/Month Committee
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/3499/

Websites:
Catarific A Celebration of Cats
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/1472/catarific2.html
For the Love of Cats
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/9224
The Adventures of Nikki and Nichie
http://www.geocities.com/~niknich
Paint Shop Pro Graphics by Niknich
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Mountain/3020

Help Please Installing Filter

Post by Matt » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I have Blade Pro and Eye Candy installed - I tried installing another
filter
> and it just won't seem to take.  It shows up in the directory but when I
go
> to third party filters - it isn't there.  I've been racking my brain - I
> went to preferences and did the install - went out of PSP and came back
in -
> but it still isn't showing - any suggestions, please!

hmmm, the only thing I can think of, is that PSP is not properly pointed to
your plugin, check in File | Preferences to make sure.
Cause even if you're missing a DLL or something to make it work it should at
least "apear" in the menu.

--
Matt
PSP Terrorist, D'Lanok deCaresk Chapter.

"I always wanted to be a procrastinator, I just never got around to it."

Help Please Installing Filter

Post by Joe Cilinceo » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00

What filter is it? Some filters will require plugin.dll (freeware mostly) or
in the case of some Extensis filters you need to move toolbox.dll to the
system folder as well. There are also some that are just not compatible
period.

--

Joe Cilinceon
http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

> I have Blade Pro and Eye Candy installed - I tried installing another
filter
> and it just won't seem to take.  It shows up in the directory but when I
go
> to third party filters - it isn't there.  I've been racking my brain - I
> went to preferences and did the install - went out of PSP and came back
in -
> but it still isn't showing - any suggestions, please!

> --
> Community Leader:
> Petsburgh Farm/Blocks 4250-4499
> Petsburgh Fair/Blocks   2250-2499

> Petsburgh Critique and Review Committee
> http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/3450
> Petsburgh Gazette
> http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/6860/
> Petsburgh World Festival Committee
> http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/1009/festcom.htm
> Blue Ribbon Pet Awards Committee
> http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/1414/index.html
> Pet Site of the Week/Month Committee
> http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/3499/

> Websites:
> Catarific A Celebration of Cats
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/1472/catarific2.html
> For the Love of Cats
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/9224
> The Adventures of Nikki and Nichie
> http://www.geocities.com/~niknich
> Paint Shop Pro Graphics by Niknich
> http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Mountain/3020

Help Please Installing Filter

Post by K. Car » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I'm still flabbergasted that no one jumped on her for having a sig file that
was **24** lines long... and not one of the lines was an actual signature or
name, just adverts for websites!  At least I tuck my name into one of the
lines.

--
KelLee
http://members.xoom.com/Hullion

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I'm still flabbergasted that no one jumped on her for having a sig file that
> was **24** lines long... and not one of the lines was an actual signature or
> name, just adverts for websites!  At least I tuck my name into one of the
> lines.

We were afraid she was one of those PETA terrorists and would throw red ink
all over our websites <g>

Quote:

> --
> KelLee
> http://members.xoom.com/Hullion

--
Bill -
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235
The USS Salem, CA-139. The World's only preserved Heavy Cruiser,
Quincy, MASS. http://members.xoom.com/ltwes329/salem.html
Remove OutSpammedDot from my e-mail address when replying directly.

Help Please Installing Filter

Post by Port » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm still flabbergasted that no one jumped on her for having a sig file that
>was **24** lines long... and not one of the lines was an actual signature or
>name, just adverts for websites!  At least I tuck my name into one of the
>lines.

Hi KelLee,

Current membership ledger duty assignments for cgapsp indicate that apparently
it was your turn.  Guess we should all just be grateful she didn't cut and
paste the HTML for her entire site down there.

Porter
BTW, next time around you probably don't have to quote the entire 24 lines. <
bg>

Post by Matt William » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm still flabbergasted that no one jumped on her for having a sig file
that
> was **24** lines long... and not one of the lines was an actual signature
or
> name, just adverts for websites!

The last time I did that, the entire News Group I was in flamed me. :(  I
have only done it once to a person and never will again.  :\

Matt

1. PLEASE NEED HELP WITH ALIEN BLACK BOX FILTER -- I BEG -- PLEASE PLEASE

Ok -- thanks so much just for reading this!!

Please, E-mail me if you can help me with this...  I have the Alien
Black Box and this happens every time I try to use it: it loads  up, I
see the little Alien Black Box filter graphics, but then time glass
icon shows up for about 20 seconds and finally --  photoshop has
encountered an error making me close it.

Thanks you so much!!

Brian

2. Chuck...5.0 to 6.0 ?

3. Maya wont install! Please help

4. FS: Digital Personal Workstation 500a

5. Can't Install Picture Tubes!! Please Help

6. Technical Illustration FAQ (v 1.1.1)

7. Help installing Enterprise in XP please

8. Jagged Text When Resized in CS2

9. Please help installing Wacom ArtII on W2K

10. Help, please: PS 5.02 update won't install

11. Please help with re-install of PS 4.0