algorithm sought: intersection of line and bezier

algorithm sought: intersection of line and bezier

Post by Earl Boebe » Thu, 17 Dec 1992 04:29:52

Assume one has an arbitrary 2d cubic bezier in xy space, defined by
four control points, and an arbitrary line defined as y = ax+b.
Further assume that it is known that the line crosses the curve at
least once.  Can any kind soul point me to a fast algorithm for
finding the point(s) of intersection?

Many thanks,

1. intersection bezier/bezier &bezier/conic ?

hi there,

I am trying to solve the problem to intersect bezier curves and bezier curves
and algebraic curves, can somebody please point me towards information that can
help me to do that efficiently?

the solution I need, needs to be precise so polygonization of the curves
doesn't work. from reading books and scanning certain magazines, I think I
should be using an algorithm that utilizes implicitization of the parametric
curves.

thanks for any kind of input

ove

2. how to convert AnsiString into char

3. sweep line algorithm for line intersection

4. API similar to Inventor?

5. Need line/line intersection algorithm

6. help with polygon fill for electron raster lithography

7. 2D Bezier - line intersection

8. This msg is to 'Shridhar reddy' and all other warez users!

9. bezier patch / 3D line intersection

10. Calculating bezier curve/line intersection

11. NURB/bezier line intersection?

12. Intersection of line segment with Bezier curve?

13. Intersection between a bezier surface and a line