Academy of Art - San Francisco

Post by Mat » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 02:15:33

I am very interested in attending the BFA/MFA program of 3D Modeling
and Animation at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. Can anyone give
any help to make my decision a little easier?

More importantly, I am wondering about the benefits of a program like
this as opposed to learning software and concepts through certificate
programs and vocational schools.

Also, because of the contacts and networking available through a
school like this (Disney,Pixar,LucasArts,Industrial Light +
Magic,DreamWorks SKG), is it worth it?

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks,
matt

Academy of Art - San Francisco

Post by AquaBlu » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:01:21

Its not regionally accreditted..i'm not sure if that matters though.
Alan

Quote:> I am very interested in attending the BFA/MFA program of 3D Modeling
> and Animation at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. Can anyone give
> any help to make my decision a little easier?

> More importantly, I am wondering about the benefits of a program like
> this as opposed to learning software and concepts through certificate
> programs and vocational schools.

> Also, because of the contacts and networking available through a
> school like this (Disney,Pixar,LucasArts,Industrial Light +
> Magic,DreamWorks SKG), is it worth it?

> Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

> thanks,
> matt

1. Academy of Art - San Francisco

I am very interested in attending the BFA/MFA program of 3D Modeling
and Animation at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. Can anyone give
any help to make my decision a little easier?

More importantly, I am wondering about the benefits of a program like
this as opposed to learning software and concepts through certificate
programs and vocational schools.

Also, because of the contacts and networking available through a
school like this (Disney,Pixar,LucasArts,Industrial Light +
Magic,DreamWorks SKG), is it worth it?

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks,
matt

2. beginner problem--loft objects

3. Academy of Art College, San Francisco, CA

4. ANCIENT GRAPHICS ARCHIVE

5. Academy of Art College in San Francisco, CA

6. <None>

7. Academy of Art College in San Francisco?

8. OpenGL with BC4.52 and GLUT!!

9. January classes at Center for Electronic Art (San Francisco)

10. san francisco SIGGRAPH april event, 3d abstract computer art

11. JOB: Flash Artist, San Francisco

12. Seybold San Francisco/ Publishing 97