Mandelbrot Generator for SUN, VAX or IBM

Mandelbrot Generator for SUN, VAX or IBM

Post by Jeus Ri » Tue, 02 Jan 1990 16:16:00

        Looking for software to generate fractal images. Have access
        to SUN3, VAX/MicroVAX, or IBM mainframe. Require high-res,
        color capability for computer art project. Any leads would be
        helpful.

        Thanks,

        Jens Riis
        c/o dit Madrid, Spain

Post by Joe Smi » Tue, 02 Jan 1990 06:58:00

>    Looking for software to generate fractal images. Have access
>    to SUN3, VAX/MicroVAX, or IBM mainframe. Require high-res, color...
>    Jens Riis   >        c/o dit Madrid, Spain

If you had access to a Commodore Amiga you could use a wonderful, interactive
program called the Mandelbrot Set Explorer on Fish Disk #21.  Some of the
other Amiga Mandelbrot programs use ASCII text input (instead of mouse
movements) and could be converted to run on a Sun.

1. Wanted: Mandelbrot and Julia programs for VAX VMS

I'm not really sure that this is the place to put the message but anyway:

 I'm looking for a fast mandelbrot and julia program for vax VMS. I have
written a few routines myself in pascal but they are very slow. I haven't used
any of the mandelbrot set characteristics, like the periodicity of inner set
points.

 Anyway if anybody has seen such a program or written one, and is willing to
let others use it please post the info here or reply by E-mail.

Nir Tal.

-------------------------------------------------|And then one day you find
                                                 |ten years have got behind you
                                                 |no one told you when to run
                                                 |you missed the starting gun
                                                 \----------------------------

2. Garman's New Monthly Animation Column

3. Mandelbrot and fracta generators for MACII.

4. Where to find gnuplot 3.6 beta

5. Mandelbrot Generator For PC Wanted

6. max to pov

7. VT240/Tektronix emulators: GKS on VAX w/IBM PC

8. PS on a Raptor - Alpha/Mips

9. IBM Mandelbrot commercial

10. Mandelbrot program for SUN workstations

11. IBM techexplorer Hypermedia Browser Version 2.5: Windows 95/98/NT, Linux, AIX, Sun, IRIX

12. Connecting SUN/IBM workstation monitor to PC?

13. VIS-5D port to SUN, DEC, HP, IBM and SGI